Studs on partition wall sticking out of plasterboard and causing shadows

Aj1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I’m currently in the process of redecorating a property I’ve had for less than 6 months and decided to tackle the lounge. One of the outside-facing walls has a partition made and after I’ve painted it white I’ve noticed that the studs behind seem to be pushing through and causing the plasterboard to bend and create shadows (as pictured).

I’m wondering if anyone can make sense of what’s going on here and what I can do to improve the look of this, please. I’ve been advised to remove partition wall and either re-do the partition or go for dot & dab? If there are options that don’t result to removing the wall then that would be excellent.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Attachments

• E63245A9-A40D-43C3-A6A6-979559934814.jpeg
    E63245A9-A40D-43C3-A6A6-979559934814.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
Hello,

I’m currently in the process of redecorating a property I’ve had for less than 6 months and decided to tackle the lounge. One of the outside-facing walls has a partition made and after I’ve painted it white I’ve noticed that the studs behind seem to be pushing through and causing the plasterboard to bend and create shadows (as pictured).

I’m wondering if anyone can make sense of what’s going on here and what I can do to improve the look of this, please. I’ve been advised to remove partition wall and either re-do the partition or go for dot & dab? If there are options that don’t result to removing the wall then that would be excellent.

Many thanks for your help in advance.
Lack of studs probably. Would need over-boarding or taking down (maybe one side?) and more studs adding.

Many thanks both!
Lack of studs probably. Would need over-boarding or taking down (maybe one side?) and more studs adding.
It is worth mentioning that I believe the wall was built around the 1980's. Does this make a difference in the conclusion do you reckon?

If not, I believe what i'll do is remove the boards and add studs. Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Many thanks both!

It is worth mentioning that I believe the wall was built around the 1980's. Does this make a difference in the conclusion do you reckon?

If not, I believe what i'll do is remove the boards and add studs. Thanks again
It could also be undersized studs. Let us know what you find.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back