How to - fit a heated towel rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm somewhat of a novice where plumbing is concerned and am in the midst of overhauling our ensuite shower room.
I am thinking of fitting a heated towel rail onto the domestic hot water supply so that it heats the towels whenever the hot water is on. The location of the rail will be on the top half of a partition wall that backs onto the airing cupboard so I assume access to pipework will be easy.

However, where exactly does it need to be plumbed to and are there any precautions I should be aware of?

thanks for any advice,
Andy

Sponsored Links
just had one fitted in our bathroom, albeit by our plumber, rather than attempting it myself.

It is plumbed in as per a normal radiator would be (or certainly seemed to be), so you could reaplce an existing radiator or tap into the existing pipe work.

You can fit them with electric elements, which might be easier if you cannot connect into existing plumbing easy. Would obviously entail running cable.

Thanks for the response, but I want to plumb it into the hot water system, not the central heating......

Andy

Sponsored Links
Unless your hot water is being used all the time, I think plumbing into that will be a waste of time & money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back