How to fit Vaillant Pitched Adjustable Roof Tile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: How is the Vaillant Pitched Adjustable Roof Tile p/n: 9076 laid with the usual original clay 1930's tiles (tile size approximately 6"). I definitely need a few pointers here, rather than experiment while fitting.

Here are the sort of questions I have, looking at the thing:
- Does the valiant tile work only with some roof tiles; which ones?
- Are existing roof tiles supposed to lay over the sides and top of the valiant tile?
- the foam litter/snow guard at the top would seem to block the down flow of rainwater off the top overlapping tile; What is it I don't understand here?
- only about 4cm width exists for overlap at the sides of the valiant tile (including gully); how much should a tile overlap?
- Am I supposed to cut the tiles?
- is mastic to be used at any point?

You can see a picture of the Vaillant roof tile here: http://www.travisperkins.co.uk/p/vaillant-pitched-roof-adjustable-tile-009076/844450/3961012

Perhaps should have ordered the Vaillant Pitched Roof Lead Flashing . Manufacturers Part No: 303980 (which I had intended to but was misled buy a generic image ).

Advice based on your experience is much appreciated. :eek: CHeers,
John

Sponsored Links
Are you a registered gas installer?

If not. Call one.
That doesn't answer my question: Thanks anyway.

if you're looking for a registered gas installer, post your question somewhere else perhaps, and call him/her yourself if you are able :rolleyes: There's a danger of you hijacking my question, this thread.

ANyway, I have heard on these boards, one person say these particular collars/tlles aren't up to much; is that so?

Dan is NOT hijacking your post, he is SUGGESTING you call a RGI :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Dan is NOT hijacking your post, he is SUGGESTING you call a RGI :rolleyes:

Well, actuality he is, because my question has nothing to do with calling an RGI, it's about a roof tile/flashing. He may as well suggest I order suchi.
Moreover, he is ordering me to call one if I am not one myself., which is hardly a suggestion; It's as if to say , I should not be asking this question.
So, I would like Dan's 'suggestion' removed, because I am looking for answers relevant to the question, not orders. I 'm sure he's made a wee mistake, like we all do from time to time.

I suggest you read the forum rules fella.

*edit* I can't be a7sed :LOL:

If you are not qualified you shouldn't be fitting it.

Not that fitting a roof slate is rocket science ;).

I suggest you read the forum rules fella.

And it's sushi. :rolleyes:

If you are not qualified you shouldn't be fitting it.

Not that fitting a roof slate is rocket science ;).

Thanks, my spelling is in danger of deteriorating with computer use.
I'm not sure what it is in the rules you wish me to note.
Nontheless, I still need an answer to my question, not an interrogation or orders.

Let me just tell you this, I am more than competent, and my roofer is not gas registered. May I get him to fit the roof tile, (with your permission?)

Read the rules and work it out.

If you can't figure out how a flashing slate works you shouldn't be doing the work.

Maybe you've had a bad day; listen I can figure out how to build entire roofs, cutting the tiles as shingles, from standing douglas fir, and have done so.

IN fact, I'm pretty damn sure I know how it's supposed to be fitted by looking at it, but it's a novel design for me , not the usual lead flashing. Are you aware that's it is a particular design I've asked about, not your everyday lead flashing slate?

THis particular tile is supposed to come with instructions, it didn't; nor is it the one I meant to order. I have been cautious enough to seek someone's experience, not an argument. I have heard that it's not a brilliant design, and I foresee potential problems, when out comes to actual fitting, or in use. Posts on this forum state it's a naff design.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=143638
Those adjustable slates are crap, part of the reason why I make my own fixed-pitch ones out of lead, to fit the roof I'm working on. That's just me though, it's an unfortunate fact that many plumbers are forgetting their roots and the skill of leadworking is being lost.

WHat is the 'it' I'm supposed to work out, by looking at the forum rules? Is it that advice for fitting pertaining only for RGI's cannot be given?

Oh and sushi is also written in Japanese, and in the province I first discovered it, and where my daughter was born it's pronounced 'Suchi' because the locals can't pronounce sushi, as it's MEANT to be pronounced, OF COURSE, as every ENglishman knows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back