How to fix a ignitor to a Tridonic OGLS CO44W 400w Ballast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

Im just seeing if you anyone could help

I have a Tridonic OGLS CO44W 400w Ballast which i need to fix a ZRM ignitor to . The ballast didnt have one in when i brough it so i have no idear on how to wire it in .

The people from tridonic said i need to do the following

The capacitor connect across the incoming supply and the ZRM {D} terminal of the ballast is the output and connects to the ignitor.

I have attached a few picturs of before the ignitor and after with were i think the wires should go .

Can anyone tell me if i have it wiired correctly or were i am going wrong

Thanks for everyones help inadvance

Gary

Sponsored Links
It's not clear where the supply or lamp holder connections are in the pics. A pic of the diagram on the igniter would also help.

It's not clear where the supply or lamp holder connections are in the pics. A pic of the diagram on the igniter would also help.

Hi Lectrician

Thanks so much for your help . i have attached a few more pictures including the image on the ignitor and the diagram from Tridonic

The supply is the bottom black circle with the first blue and brown wires coming in on the right hand side of the block . The lamp is the top black circle with the blue and brown wire on the left hand side of the block . Both supply and lamp have a green and yellow wire going to a screew

I hope this helps any thing eles you need to know just say

Many Thanks

Gary

Looks like you have the lamp and neutral back to front in the original pics, N is neutral, La is lamp live and D is the live supply via the ballast.
You could have blown it by getting it wrong

Sponsored Links
I did think this, but I don't think the OP has actually fired it up yet, he's wanting us to check it over before he does so.

looks ok from what I can see, other than the reversed polarity

Yea, La and N back to front. And we assume the capacitor is identifying which pair the supply is (as opposed to lamp).

Yea, La and N back to front. And we assume the capacitor is identifying which pair the supply is (as opposed to lamp).

Hi

Thanks both of you for your help

OK i have changed the N and LA to the correct one as seen in the new picture .

Can you please explain a little more what you ment with the capacitor (as opposed to lamp).

I just fired it up and the ballast started to humm but didnt not light the lamp . nothing went bang

Live supply to 230 or 240 whichevers closest to the measured supply voltage

zrm [d] on ballast links to D on ignitor

La on ignitor links to centre pin of lampholder if ES lamp used

Neutral goes to N on ignitor and also other terminal of lampholder.

capacitor across supply terminals L and N or alternatively can go across 230 or 240 terminal [whichever youve used] on ballast AND Neutral on ignitor

Earth to ballast and also use EXTERNALLY ignited lamp

Sorry i meant ignitor, honest :oops:

Live supply to 230 or 240 whichevers closest to the measured supply voltage

zrm [d] on ballast links to D on ignitor

La on ignitor links to centre pin of lampholder if ES lamp used

Neutral goes to N on ignitor and also other terminal of lampholder.

capacitor across supply terminals L and N or alternatively can go across 230 or 240 terminal [whichever youve used] on ballast AND Neutral on ballast

Earth to ballast and also use EXTERNALLY ignited lamp

Hi

Thanks for everyones help

I changed the La and N around again so all should br right this time

I have fired it up . The light only lights a little ? As seen in the picture

Ive uploaded a few new pictures so you can see the wires to the capacitor . both wires from the capacitor come from the blue and brown supply then crosses over to the Neutral on lamp

The light has been on for a few mins now and has not got any brighter. Were am i going wrong

Many Thanks

Gary

Looks right now. Lamp is external igniter? (Although would not glow blue like that).

The capacitor live, is that on the live supply?

what we can see is ok, but the two browns in connectors it is unclear what one is LIVE and what one is LAMPHOLDER, neutrals not a problem as linked.
Hope this is not part of an an ILLEGAL operation :)

Looks right now. Lamp is external igniter? (Although would not glow blue like that).

The capacitor live, is that on the live supply?

Hi

Im not to sure if the lamp is external igniter, its is a 400w lumii sunblaster

Yes the capacitor live is going to thr live supply .

The 2 brown are live from the supply not the lamp .

The lamp still has not gotten any brighter ?

Thanks Everyone for your help

Gary

If the lamp requires an external igniter it will have a triangle with an E in it printed on it. If it has an integral igniter it will have a triangle with an I.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back