Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I need some help

I’m trying to fix a shower screen (the bath type) to a plasterboard wall with splash back but I haven’t got a clue what fixing to use, I was wondering if I could just silicone the bracket let it dry and then fit the shower screen but I just don’t trust it any suggestions would be really appreciated?

thanks
James

Sponsored Links
You'll need at least rawl plugs in the wall. You can use a bit of silicone behind it too to help support the wall bracket. Doesn't need a lot as it's not holding lots of weight.

@Madrab do you reckon rawl plugs will be enough to hold the shower screen because it is plasterboard. I don’t want the shower screen to fall down?

Sponsored Links
somebody has to ask, splashback ?
what’s this?

If you have plasterboard that's properly anchored to the studs and then wetboard on top of that, then unless you plan to swing on the glass bath shower screen then yes, with a little silicone down it's length and the 4 screws, it should be strong enough to hold it.

Can I presume it's just normal 4/6mm glass?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back