How to remove bathtub tap?

Yep, if you are going to fit a new waste.....the rose will just spin inside the bath anyway, and they can be dead awkward to hold.
Did this have the copper trap, originally?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Anywhere i can get.. 40mm compression copper tees as picture below
20161026_182253.jpg

Is it a better idea to renew the entire waste, including the overflow, in plastic? I guess there was a copper trap somewhere here, with the nut at the bottom to let the crap out.....takes me back, those!

Sponsored Links
A bit hefty for the job mate as you don't want to score the bath underside.....a grit wheel is really what you want - that one is for masonry.
No chance of getting a hacksaw in at an angle?

Drill the nut with a drill the same width, then use a heavy screwdriver, cold chisel, to snap the nut off ... easy peasy ... lemon stuff ;)

THanks Guys!!! For all the advises really appreciate.. Start this morning at 10am and just finished now

Should have got Tony to do it for £84.:)

WEll done, though. These jobs are a real pain. Some go easier than expected, but can be extraordinarily expensive if paying by the clock. I would never take them in these days.

BTW How do you change the taps on the modern ones where the taps are in the centre of the length of the bath?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back