How to save money at Sainsburys

Sponsored Links
Mrs Secure went to Tesco for a "big shop" the other day.
We have pretty much converted to Aldi/ Lidl apart from some local bits and pieces like milk and bread, which we either get from Tesco Express or Coop.

We usually get a maximum bill from A/ L for around £80.

The Tesco "big shop" bill was £185....

I agree. Just another example of political correctness. Chairperson, policeperson, fireperson, mailperson, even Harriet Harperson.
And how about woperson?

Do you really object to firefighter rather than fireman? Police officer rather than policeman? Do you object to Harriet Harperson? Yeah, you do, I know you dislike her as much as me.
I don't really care what they are called, what annoys me though is that someone feels the need to change it.

I would love to save money in the likes of Aldi and have tried several times but unfortunately they just don't have what we need. Its too hit & miss.

Sponsored Links
I agree. Just another example of political correctness. Chairperson, policeperson, fireperson, mailperson, even Harriet Harperson.
And how about woperson?

Do you really object to firefighter rather than fireman? Police officer rather than policeman? Do you object to Harriet Harperson? Yeah, you do, I know you dislike her as much as me.
I don't really care what they are called, what annoys me though is that someone feels the need to change it.
Yes, that's the really annoying thing. Worse, they will continue to change such titles and words frequently as new 'bright ideas' cross their minds! I suspect that some lucky people make a living out of it. I reckon I could do it quite easily. I wonder how much it pays.

The one that irritates me most is 'chairperson' or 'chair' as if it is wrong to say chairman even when it is a man or chairwoman when it is a woman.

The one that irritates me most is 'chairperson' or 'chair' as if it is wrong to say chairman even when it is a man or chairwoman when it is a woman.
I remember the days when the title 'Madam Chairman' was commonplace and perfectly acceptable. I don't remember hearing that any women were offended by it either. Still, I suppose we now live in the 21st Century: the age of the professionally offended.

I suppose Madam Chairman is no different to, as you mentioned - woman.

Yes, I forgot about 'actor'

I can't say I am bothered, apart from 'people of colour'. It did annoy me when that poor chap was attacked for saying coloured people, as if he had said 'them thar neegas'. Anyway, people of colour just sounds weird to me. People of one arm? People of reduced brain cell count?

Another thing I find a bit annoying is companies insist on giving their prices in BPs (British Pounds) or GBP. It just £s FFS

Sponsored Links
Back