HRM Wallstar - Plumber fitted wrong nozzle, should I be concerned?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Not drastically urgent but I had a new heating engineer come and serviced my HRM Wallstar today.

All fine except he only had an 80deg nozzle in the van and the manual says it should be 60deg. The previous two nozzles have both been 60deg.

He said it wouldn't make any difference and 'guaranteed' that I wouldn't be getting any issues because the gas analyser was giving good readings of CO2, O2, etc before he left.

Of course the guarantee didn't come in writing - Should I be concerned about that?

I'm not bothered if it's true going to be fine, but I'm wondering if the wider spray pattern will end up causing me issues, in which case I've just paid to have my burner made a bit less healthy.

Cheers in advance,

Tom

Sponsored Links
All the Wallstars I've serviced had 80o EH nozzles. I'm surprised that your manual specifies 60o, as referring to the manual on line, they all specify 80o.
Given the design of the boiler, an 80o makes more sense, as it gives a wider, shorter flame, more suited to a short boiler.
The giveaway to any problems would be the CO reading, as if the flame is too wide at the end of the blast tube you will get impingement which sends the CO sky high.

OK thanks v much - The manual gives specs for three different sizes of HRM - small,middle and large. Curiously for the small & large models it specifies 80deg but for mine, the middle one, it specifies 60deg.

Again cheers for the above - has put my mind at rest a bit.

Tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back