HSE - Safe Gas Installations ACOP consultation starts today

Sponsored Links
The HSE said there would be a clarification of what it would mean to be competent to work on gas in this new ACOP.

The details are at paragraphs 57 to 61.

I think this means if you are not on the GSR and want to work on gas (eg DIY) then you must have the same up to date training and experience that a GSR engineer would have.

Note: The ACOP does not make or change the law it just explains it in more detail.

Another change I noticed, but I could have read it wrong, it that connecting and disconnecting a bayonette fitting is now classed as GAS WORK. so you need to be "qualified" to do it.
There was already GSR guidance that said this but only available to those who were actually GSR, which was pointless!

Another change I noticed, but I could have read it wrong, it that connecting and disconnecting a bayonette fitting is now classed as GAS WORK. so you need to be "qualified" to do it.

If in your own home, you do not need any qualifications, you can disconnect to say clean behind the appliance and then reconnect as this is not classed as work. That's my interpretation.

Sponsored Links
bayonette fitting is now classed as GAS WORK.

If in your own home, you do not need any qualifications, you can disconnect to say clean behind the appliance and then reconnect as this is not classed as work. That's my interpretation.

That is my understanding too. Just reporting what I think i have read in the new draft ACOP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back