Huge condensation in the bathroom, what to look..? Any tips..?

I managed open the fan unit, Black round thing near green connectors is that by any chance timer adjustment>.??

Yes, try adjusting it to both max and min, just to prove it works - make a note of the starting position too. 20 minutes run on, is a good time to aim for. It is quite an elderly unit by the look of it.

Sponsored Links
I forgotten note down previous 5 min position, now I will put this to max may be..Thanks

Last edited:
Put an isolator in so the fan doesn't waste electricity - and make a noise - when the room, but not the shower, is in use.

Blup
a good modern fan will run for 100 hours on 1kwh of electricity. depending on your tariff might be 15p to 30p

hang the expense!

Some more pics of fan after opening it as below. still an't see or know any option to adjust time..
Manrose shower fan kit 25652
as expected, the fan you have is weedy and poor quality. 41 dB(A) is by modern standards very noisy, and manrose get noisier with age and wear.

get on with it, fit a (much) more powerful one. You're going to do it in the end, so why waste time?

the S&P are also remarkably quiet and economical on electricity. they have a ball-bearing motor.

Sponsored Links
15p to 30p /day or per 100hrs/1kwh..??
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 10.33.46 PM.jpeg

I put fan to max this time ...reduced duct length by tape it together. also straiten as much as possible. Looks like this now
Fan timer is 35 min now...Need to see its impact after my son's shower tomorrow..:unsure:

15p to 30p /day or per 100hrs/1kwh..??

some modern fans are 10W, and so they run for 100 hours on 1kWh of electricity.

I am lucky and am on a 2-year fix at 15.5p, so I could run my fan, night and day, for 4 days (4 x 24hr = 96 hours) for less than 15p

one day (24 hours) constant use would cost me less than 4pence

An hour after every shower would be far less than a penny each. Less than the cost of the shower gel.

your tariff may differ.

and the noise of a good S&P or similar is so faint I doubt you will be able to hear it outside the bathroom

more powerful fans use more, but even if it was two or three times as much, the cost of running a fan is trivial and not worth obsessing about.

Last edited:
a good modern fan will run for 100 hours on 1kwh of electricity. depending on your tariff might be 15p to 30p

hang the expense!

Maybe but factor in the poor reliability of some makes, two of my own (modern) vent axias, £100 a go to replace.

Blup

some modern fans are 10W, and so they run for 100 hours on 1kWh of electricity.

I am lucky and am on a 2-year fix at 15.5p, so I could run my fan, night and day, for 4 days (4 x 24hr = 96 hours) for less than 15p

one day (24 hours) constant use would cost me less than 4pence

An hour after every shower would be far less than a penny each. Less than the cost of the shower gel.

your tariff may differ.

and the noise of a good S&P or similar is so faint I doubt you will be able to hear it outside the bathroom

more powerful fans use more, but even if it was two or three times as much, the cost of running a fan is trivial and not worth obsessing about.

They're dumping 480 litres of heated water per shower, I don't think cost is an issue!

I totally agree with the points made above.

Firstly a 10 min shower is normally considered adequate for washing.

An inlet air duct/route needs to be provided, really in a location to circulate around the room and not go directly into the extract fan.

I have an enclosed shower cubicle which is actually very effective at preventing the rest of the room getting much condensation at all.

After Day1 check I am absolutely amazed by results. :D :) :)
I am not sure still I need 35 min, but I am going to monitor for couple of weeks.
Thanks for all your inputs much appreciated.

This manual could have saved me some time and energy...

Attachments

• 077592B.pdf
    391.5 KB · Views: 81

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back