I’m getting fed up with premium bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got an email...

bab9632c57bb1eefdb7eeb282deba240.gif

John, you've just won!
Thanks to your Premium Bonds, you have won a prize.

Ready to check the amount? Have your Premium Bonds holder’s number to hand and click below.

940e118b6ba6dc0afab03ab6ae4d5826.png
Go on then, what did you win?

Me? I had some (i'm guessing a tenner) bought for me in the early seventies, and have won £25 in all of that time.........

Sponsored Links
Well, it seems I was wrong. I checked my NS&I account on the 2nd of the month as usual. No prizes showing. Just checked again and actually won 3 x £25. So it's :) instead.

If anyone checked on the 2nd and saw nothing, maybe worth another look. Seems they were a bit slow this month.

My only win was in 1990.
A cheque in the post.
My mom still lives at the same address.
As no more cheques have arrived, I presume that I have not won anything in the interim?
(I'm pretty sure that I tried to input my bond numbers into the NS & I site a few years ago, but it only checks back for a months or a year IIRC. Is that correct?)

I'm pretty sure that I tried to input my bond numbers into the NS & I site a few years ago, but it only checks back for a months or a year IIRC. Is that correct?
No. There’s a section on the app for 'unclaimed prizes'. It checks for unclaimed prizes that are at least 18 months old so that should go right back to 1990

Sponsored Links
No. There’s a section on the app for 'unclaimed prizes'. It checks for unclaimed prizes that are at least 18 months old so that should go right back to 1990

I'll have a look.
When you say "app", do you specifically mean "app", or would "website" be equally as valid? (I don't have the app, and have no real desire so to do).

However, when did it change from receiving an unsolicited cheque? I definitely didn't check if I had won.

My only win was in 1990.
A cheque in the post.
My mom still lives at the same address.
As no more cheques have arrived, I presume that I have not won anything in the interim?
(I'm pretty sure that I tried to input my bond numbers into the NS & I site a few years ago, but it only checks back for a months or a year IIRC. Is that correct?)

If you know your holder's number I believe you can check back to when they were bought on the NS&I site. My mother recently bought some PBs and thought she was buying some for the first time. However, NS&I said she already had £50 of bonds in here name - bought in 1957!! She doesn't know who bought them, maybe her father. My parents got married in 1957 so definitely wouldn't have had 50 quid spare for bonds. When she checked on the NS&I site it told her they had never won a prize.

However, when did it change from receiving an unsolicited cheque? I definitely didn't check if I had won.

It hasn't changed from receiving unsolicited cheques. If you bought the bonds as most bonds were bought pre-interweb, ie. in Post Office or by post, you will get any prize cheques in the post unless you have since registered with NS&I's online service and registered the old bonds on your online account. If you do register (you don't have to go online at all), you can choose for any old or new bonds to have any prizes to be paid either by cheque in the post or directly into your nominated bank a/c.

PB prize checker here -

https://www.nsandi.com/prize-checker

Last edited:
If anyone checked on the 2nd and saw nothing, maybe worth another look.
It's always the second working day of the month, so that would have been Tuesday 3rd of November. This month the have changed the internet website, I found it unusable, so I installed the app form Google store on to my Android phone, and it worked brilliantly, so deleted NS&I website from my PC.

It's always the second working day of the month, so that would have been Tuesday 3rd of November. This month the have changed the internet website, I found it unusable, so I installed the app form Google store on to my Android phone, and it worked brilliantly, so deleted NS&I website from my PC.

Thanks I didn't think of working days. Assumed that as Ernie is a computer he doesn't take it easy at the weekends or take holidays. Will remember that in future.

as Ernie is a computer he doesn't take it easy at the weekends or take holidays

the statisticians and engineers who validate the randomness and correct working of the system, and the director who approves the payout, however....

Fifty quid apiece this morning, I’d forgotten all about checking them until I switched the car off and noticed the date on the dash! :)

9E3429AA-E5B4-4276-B386-942B5DB1D1C5.jpeg 82A95705-3F49-4F35-8A5A-8456BF77E33F.png

Last edited:
Not been following this thread but I have a little money sitting in my account doing nothing. Is it worth putting it into Bonds ?

I used to have a few grand that never won anything but that was long time ago, and have forgot how to go about it all.
I won't need this money at least until spring next year so what do you think.?

Not been following this thread but I have a little money sitting in my account doing nothing. Is it worth putting it into Bonds ?

I used to have a few grand that never won anything but that was long time ago, and have forgot how to go about it all.
I won't need this money at least until spring next year so what do you think.?

If you apply for new bonds today, they will not be in the draw until February (they have to be owned for one full calendar month before entry.)

If you apply for new bonds today, they will not be in the draw until February (they have to be owned for one full calendar month before entry.)

I suppose thats fair enough
Im concerned with transferring a lot of money over the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back