I’m in - NHS responder.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just signed up as one of those NHS responders. Waiting to hear back, should be quick as I have a current enhanced DBS certificate. Just signed up to collect and deliver medicines and food to those stuck indoors and self isolating. It'll get me out of the house!

If any of you grizzling moaners fancy getting off your asses and actually doing something, here’s the link. https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Gotta do our bit haven’t we. (y)

Sponsored Links
Just signed up as one of those NHS responders. Waiting to hear back, should be quick as I have a current enhanced DBS certificate. Just signed up to collect and deliver medicines and food to those stuck indoors and self isolating. It'll get me out of the house!

If any of you grizzling moaners fancy getting off your asses and actually doing something, here’s the link. https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Gotta do our bit haven’t we. (y)

Well done, stay safe.

Just doing the same this morning. Got my daughter as my driver so can deliver etc. If can't use her i will do the chat thing instead. Well Done Mottie and like you say need to do something if we can. I had cancelled some timber for my shed but got a call to say they will deliver. They just clearing orders then shutting down.

If it’s only small stuff, I’ll be doing it on my motorcycle. Big stuff I’ll do in the car.

Sponsored Links
Wish i'd done my CBT last year. Motorcycle/scooter ideal for chemist runs. I not bothered what i do as even the littlest thing is something anyone can do to help. The NHS is going to suffer long after the virus has gone due to back log of patients so even when i back in work will see if anything can be done to help.

If it’s only small stuff, I’ll be doing it on my motorcycle. Big stuff I’ll do in the car.

What you ride? I took my friends Honda on a spin on some dirt track, fell off injured my wrist and never rode again.

Every biker I know has a story to tell.

Nowdays, just a 300cc commuter scooter for travelling to work. Got rid of my FJR1300 a couple of years ago as just wasn’t using it. Now that would have been a bit OTT to deliver paracetamol on!
FC33BE9B-085B-411F-8094-38C3BEFA094B.jpeg

Because I have CKD, (in remission), I am unable to help as classed as vulnerable even though consultant told me last week I am very fit.

So I will do what my wife and I did at the weekend which was to buy breakfast for 2 paramedics and their 2 friends back at base.
Had to have a blood test this morning and the routine at West Suffolk hospital couldn't be faulted except for 1 thing. Entering the blood test room involves opening a door which pulls towards you. After entering, and again sanitising my hands, I push from the other side and cleaned the handle with sanitiser. I told one of the nurses what I had done and why and also suggested that the door be propped open for anyone else coming in. Within 30 seconds the door was propped with a wedge.
Grateful thanks from the nurses and even some of the patients waiting for tests.
Not a lot in the grand scheme of things but every little helps.

Just heard on the radio that more people than needed have volunteered their services. Well done UK!

Well done Mottie - Nearly 500,000 have now signed up. That's going to be a logistical headache to manage, but I'm sure us Brits will all pull together. :)

Sponsored Links
Back