I’m in - NHS responder.

Disappointing really. Been more than 24 hours since I applied and I’ve sorted out the insurance question of using my bike for voluntary work. I know they have to carry out identity checks etc but as requested, I enclosed details and a photo of my enhanced DBS certificate. I expected to be out doing good things today. They've not even checked yet - I thought we were needed urgently. :( Hopefully it's just down to the shear numbers of applications and nobody is missing out on this service.
DC2EA6F1-4078-4ECF-8157-16C9E158CF7D.jpeg

Sponsored Links
There's 500,000 of you. How many people do you think they've got processing applications and identifying work they can farm out, then assigning work? I'd guess a lot less.

The govt is now aiming for 750,000. As mentioned above, who is going to manage all the volunteers? I hope everyone remains patient and not lose interest or criticize the good intentions.

Sponsored Links
Disappointing really. Been more than 24 hours since I applied and I’ve sorted out the insurance question of using my bike for voluntary work. I know they have to carry out identity checks etc but as requested, I enclosed details and a photo of my enhanced DBS certificate. I expected to be out doing good things today. They've not even checked yet - I thought we were needed urgently. :( Hopefully it's just down to the shear numbers of applications and nobody is missing out on this service.
View attachment 186796

I suspect they never expected the response and cannot deal with the spike of inquiries. I would give it a few days and see what happens.

Mottie i know you want to get cracking but i think they didn't expect such a overwhelming response. Check your junk email in case a reply in there. Don't forget they will have to sort out the logistics of who doing what and where.

Thanks. Nothing in junk mail but I have had a couple of them in my main inbox. One for me to confirm my email and another straight after saying:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
You have successfully verified your account; thank you for your patience. (Please note that IF you have registered as a Verified Responder/Volunteer, you will have to wait for us to also verify your identity before you can log into our Responder app; You will receive another email shortly.)"

Oh well, just have to be patient I suppose.

Out of interest Mottie (and it's private so feel free not to say), what sort of stuff have you been getting into that requires an enhanced DBS.. Mine's for school work.

Out of interest Mottie (and it's private so feel free not to say), what sort of stuff have you been getting into that requires an enhanced DBS.. Mine's for school work.
Same here. I run my own C&G motor vehicle training centre and it’s solely school age children that I train. Currently closed for the foreseeable future so plenty of time on my hands!

I've been turned down as a NHS volunteer as they apparently have enough gynecologists. Just waiting to hear from the breast clinic. ;)

My dad was a gynaecologist with the NHS and he retired a few years ago. Still did the odd days work on a private basis, just to keep his hand in. :whistle:

So why didnt you go into medicine ?

Were you a young tearaway?

Sponsored Links
Back