I am not a plumber for a start.....but

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to disconnect some Plumbsure 22mm push fit fittings I bought them to make a table with copper legs. The table looks more drunk than me at Christmas as the pipes slides all over place inside the fittings.

I have been told I need to use some Gorilla glue and maybe end feed fittings to make them solid which I need to do as it will be used to hold a tabletop basin which is quite heavy.

Maybe too heavy at for copper at about 12 kilos ? But I could use it as a side table anyway.

Being tight I would like to reuse the copper pipes I have already cut to size. I have seen some ads for a few copper demounting tools but all seem to have a lot of critics.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The demount tool is the only way to remove these properly without cutting the pipe. Used correctly then there shouldn't be any issues with them. Can be a bit fiddly to start but once you get the knack it's easy. Just keep it square when pushing into fitting.

Jon

That Wickes one should be fine. Can't remeber where I picked mine up from, think it was a rep that gave them to me at some point, but they look pretty much the same.

Jon

Sponsored Links
Tony you've been told not to have multiple aliases just so you can ask basic questions :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Apologies unionworker, just a private joke between the gas fitters on here (y)

@Dan Robinson These are the ones with the teeth that grip the pipe. There is a slight gap between the pipe and fitting that you slide the tool in to lift the teeth.

Jon

upload_2017-4-27_21-58-16.jpeg

upload_2017-4-27_21-58-35.jpeg

Have you noticed how short the insert depth is.... No wonder they're so unstable.

I only trust Tectite pro or classic, but will stretch to hep at short notice.

Yea they are the ones I used and the pics are the Wickes set so it should save me a bit of money and time cutting if I can re use the pipes

I have been using galvinised steel and fittings tightened with an allen key which is great. I built a bookcase out of then and scaffold boards. Strong and solid as anything.

These push fit just dont hold the pipe straight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back