I am not a plumber for a start.....but

Have you noticed how short the insert depth is.... No wonder they're so unstable.

I only trust Tectite pro or classic, but will stretch to hep at short notice.

They do go in all the way to the tee same as usual fittings it's just deceptive the way the shoulders look. Still wouldn't use the stuff though.

Jon

Sponsored Links
I have been using galvinised steel and fittings tightened with an allen key which is great. I built a bookcase out of then and scaffold boards. Strong and solid as anything.

These push fit just dont hold the pipe straight.

Do you mean the Kee Clamp fittings? If so then they are an entirely different beast to using copper as a frame.

Pushfit fittings will all rotate. The only other option would be to hire a pressfit gun and use mapress/gerbrit press fittings. These are quick and secure but again they are high cost compared to end feed.

Jon

They can still be a bit unstable though, had done alarming rotation in all sizes, but they don't leak..... Apart from when the feckers are in a tight corner and you can't get the gun in. :evil:

They can still be a bit unstable though, had done alarming rotation in all sizes, but they don't leak..... Apart from when the feckers are in a tight corner and you can't get the gun in. :evil:

Yeah that's always the way! A lot more thought has to go into press fit to make sure that you can always get int to crimp them or do them out of position.

Jon

Sponsored Links
I want to disconnect some Plumbsure 22mm push fit fittings I bought them to make a table with copper legs. I have seen some ads for a few copper demounting tools but all seem to have a lot of critics.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks

Don't be tight
Get a life

:)

Back again..... I got the Wickes copper Pushfit release tool and either it or me are useless The grey piece doe not slip into the collar so does not compress the teeth...so obviously makes no difference to the pressure on the pipe and still cannot separate it from the fitting.

Also looking at the illustrations the Wickes fittings have teeth closer to the end than the B&Q Plumb Sure fitting I am using. If the fitting does not enter the pipe what is the point of it ?

This review on the Wickes site sums up what I think

"This so called removal tool does not work at all. The grey part is too loose and flimsy.The idea is to push it between the teeth and pipe, but it is too wide to get into the push fit opening (I checked it on a spare part without pipe in it). It is also too thick to get in between. To summarise: waste of money and time. "

Is there a tool for removing Plumb Sure fittings or do I write it off, salvage what pipes I can and start again with different fittings ?

buy cheap buy shyte most times ;)

shyte i can sense puller responding soon :LOL:

Non demountable AFAIK. Unless you make a custom doofer to disengage all those teeth.

Not worth it. Suck up the coat of the fittings, and try again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back