I am trying to make a fan, how big should it be?

Cunning plan CJ.

can't take the credit.. used to work for Air Tube.. they made stuff like that for supermarkets and such.. the pods that take the cash to the office etc..
I think you can take credit in looking at applying known technology to possible new applications. As Steven Fry (I think) once said - there's nothing new, only a different variation of what's already there.

Sponsored Links
About these cogs again.... are they the bits indicated in the picture?
If so you're right! They are cogs of a sort. Haven't a clue where you'd get what you want from, though.

I saw a venturi pump that worked with just a hosepipe and claimed to move 200 gallons an hor.. .. but fot the life of me I can't find it again.. it's not showing in my history and google isn't showing it me anymore..

it was an american thing, but for $28 or so it's not bad..

found it..

http://www.aquamerik.com/catalogue/produits.cgi?category=pompes_asuccion&lg=eng
An interesting design. The question I have is "how many gallons of water would be needed to move the 200 gallons?" I suspect several thousand. :confused:

Sponsored Links
About these cogs again.... are they the bits indicated in the picture?
If so you're right! They are cogs of a sort. Haven't a clue where you'd get what you want from, though.

Many thanks for your reply

Yes it's those orange things,

anyone know where I can buy them from?

for the time being, let's forget about me wanting to suck water out of a pond. Instead let's think for a second this way! If I wanted to carry air down a 30 foot pipe for 5 hours continuous with air coming out of the end really powerfully then how much PSI of air pressure would there be???

Slightly easier problem, large fan at top of duct, air flow would be measured in CFM (cubic feet minute) pressure would be measured in .. inches watergauge, or metric equivalents.
This is a problem for a heating and ventilation engineer.
I take it you are planning to tunnel out of the asylum :!: :LOL: ;)

Wotan

for the time being, let's forget about me wanting to suck water out of a pond. Instead let's think for a second this way! If I wanted to carry air down a 30 foot pipe for 5 hours continuous with air coming out of the end really powerfully then how much PSI of air pressure would there be???

that is dependent..
if you're trying to pump 1000L/s of air down a 6mm pipe into water then quite a lot..
if you're trying to pump 1L/s of air down a 4 foot diameter pipe into a tunnel then not much..

that is dependent..
if you're trying to pump 1000L/s of air down a 6mm pipe into water then quite a lot..
if you're trying to pump 1L/s of air down a 4 foot diameter pipe into a tunnel then not much..

I don't know how many liters it would be, but The hose would be no more than 1.5" thick and it would be connected to an electric fan connected to the mains for 5 hours. and the hose would be 30 feet long. So how many PSI are we talking would you say?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back