I think I am going senile.

E

EddieM

Right as some of you know I work in IT. So theoretically I should be ok with technology. But who in gods earth created the new gmail it is utterly unuseable. I have been using email for nearly 30 years and bravo google you stuffed it!!! Stick to search engines the rest of your stuff sucks big time!!!!!

Sponsored Links
You do have to set it up right, which I admit is easier said than done. What I don't like about they're latest set up is if you want to write an email you can't open it in a new web page only as a small pop-out.

I've never used it. I find Thunderbird works perfectly for me.

Indeed Thunderbird is good but Gmail is about as good as you're going to get (atm) for corporate usage without using Exchange.

Sponsored Links
Indeed Thunderbird is good but Gmail is about as good as you're going to get (atm) for corporate usage without using Exchange.

Your having a laugh. ... anything and I mean anything is better than gmail....

I went to gmail after being with a free one recommend to me yonks ago, called freeuk. Freeuk worked well enough but compared to gmail was like the difference between using DOS and Windows. Also, as I found out after being with gmail, if you didn't use freeuk after a while it kicks you off and you lose the lot :mad:

As said, it's more likely about feeling your way around Gmail. They faff, don't they all, like when they said you can use e.g. [email protected] or [email protected] but I don't think it was exactly the same. :confused:

So basically, I've changed my mind and you're right Eddie :) Haven't tried or heardof Thunderbird, apart from the Anderson series from the 60s/70s :D

http://news.yahoo.com/free-yourself-gmail-pop-compose-window-204047042.html

:rolleyes:
Hmm, I use Firefox so guess there'll be an Add-On for that browser too hopefully.

Another thing to consider is how long your email provider is gonna stick around, at least with Gmail you can be pretty confident it will still be around in 20 years or so.

I too hate the new Gmail interface. My solution is to set up Outlook as the mail client, which can support either POP or IMAP.

I just can't find what I've written or where emails are etc... I have used email for nearly 30 years, so why have gmail suddenly had the temerity to make something that wasn't broken an unmitigated pile of doo doo! Well done google..... epic.. epic fail!!

So what's actually wrong with it?

If you cannot find emails then perhaps your not using it correctly, have you setup appropriate labels to mark your emails with and filters to apply them?

Why can you not use it? I have been using it from the outset and it works OK for me, a few little issues but nothing that prevents its use - anywhere I am.

So what's actually wrong with it?

If you cannot find emails then perhaps your not using it correctly, have you setup appropriate labels to mark your emails with and filters to apply them?

Why can you not use it? I have been using it from the outset and it works OK for me, a few little issues but nothing that prevents its use - anywhere I am.

How about email message threads being incomprehensible, the inability to attach anything to an email other than photos or videos. How utterly carp is than and about a 20 year backward syep.

Just so we are all singing from the same hymn sheet I am talking about the gmail app version 4.6 which is rubbish, gmail from a browser is fine.

Sponsored Links
Back