Icy Closures

D

dextrous

So, I've been off work for 2 days and it looks like I'll be having the rest of the week off too. Do I want to - no, not really. I've been told by the headteacher that the school in which I work is to remain closed.

I'm not joking - I had 2 weeks XMas holiday, and that was plenty.

Sponsored Links
As a teacher, I'm contracted to do 1265 hours work per annum over 195 working days, for which I am renumerated quite reasonably.

Sponsored Links
Exactly - which is why I want to get back to work, since, for a start, it doesn't seem fair not only for the pupils, but also for those who work in "proper" jobs. Especially true for many of those on here for example who, if they don't work they don't get paid.

Exactly - which is why I want to get back to work, since, for a start, it doesn't seem fair not only for the pupils, but also for those who work in "proper" jobs. Especially true for many of those on here for example who, if they don't work they don't get paid.

What's not a "proper" job?

Gracious! You do work hard don't you? :LOL: :LOL:
What do you do for the other 5½ months? :LOL:

Don't exaggerate, teachers only have about 3 months off in a year. :D

My other half is a teacher, currently on maternity leave but could have got to work, if she was working.

Dextrous: are there any other schools open in your area? Perhaps you could volunteer your services.

All schools closed in local vicinity - even if there were any open it would require the usual CRB check :rolleyes:

As for the definition of "proper" job - I'm referring to those jobs that are a little less generous with providing paid time off, in particular sole traders, self employed, even supply teachers for whom the current situation will cause financial hardship. I wasn't making any sleight or insult against any job in particular, merely highlighting the disparity between one kind of employment and another.

i got a text off one of my friends who is a teacher, she will now be off till next monday, i made it in today but spent all morning shoveling snow, kept me warm tho :)

Sponsored Links
Back