'I'd rather employ a paedophile than ex-forces personnel!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
So if there was no Army, Navy or Air Force you would sleep well in your bed because you know that no other country/foreign nationals/ or religious zealots would not try to take over this country and force you to submit to their views/rules/way of life because we have no defenders?

errr... they're doing that anyway, even with the army etc in place.. they're doing it slower than a full scale invasion, but no-one is stopping them...
sharia law anyone?

Sponsored Links
Sinco, where to begin...
....You compare my intelligence with someone you know and are confident of the result even though you have absolutely no idea of my intelligence... Well done. Good start.

Secondly, you mention this same guy WANTED to join the army, I am guessing it wasn't because he WANTED to kill people right? ...but more that he liked the life as a private, going on tour all the way around the world, Canada, German etc, etc...

And as for the joining conditions, they have actually been relaxed in the last 3 years to include a wider age and take account of the credit crunch....that said, if all you need is to not be in debt or have a criminal past, it's still not what you would call "exclusive" is it ;)

I'm comparing his intelligence on the basis of the posts you have made. The career he has now and the choices he has made to become quite a successful businessman, So for me, yes it was a very good start

I cant say his exact reason on wanting to join the army, I do know its what he wanted to do since he was a child. He also comes from a pretty decent up bringing so its not a case of a young lad with nothing else to do with his life.

I never said the army was hard to gain entry to, I said it wasnt as easy as it was years back as such

...Sharia law only applies for Muslims...nevermind.

Wasn't the weather nice today.

...Sharia law only applies for Muslims...nevermind.

Wasn't the weather nice today.
Stop trying to change the subject! We need to get to the bottom of why I've never had liver/bacon & roastys in my house!

I'm comparing his intelligence on the basis of the posts you have made.

So because you, of no fixed intelligence believe I am wrong and therefore must be unintelligent (I guess your opinion should replace the stanford-binet system then), you judge me to be less intelligent than someone that you view more favourably.

Water tight.

When I said good start, it was to you using the 'from false authority' falacy to argue that he was more intelligent than I am.....

...This has gone way off course. Back to the actual topic.

I understand why people might not want Ex-Armed Forces people working for them, though I am not as fundie as the person in the report, i don't do it for moral reasons, more that they don't tend to be that smart.....they are too used to being told what to do and what to think at every step of their career that they have no judgement of their own.

Almost did Seco, almost did...was in phase two of the recruitment phase when I suddenly realised that the only people that were joining with me had the IQ of an amoeba and I thought "I am putting my life in THEIR hands??!!"

That said, they were only joining, like me i admit (i was only 16) because life in the army was easy.

....I wasn't suggesting YOU were angry, it was a satirical monologue to show the lack of thought that went into deploying British troops in an area that had tensions over being seen to be too British.

You suddenly realised that the only people joing had the IQ of an amoeba...........so how many did you meet???

you are quite a ass

......I think on the three days at camp probably had contact with around 500, closely worked with around 150 at a push i guess....still, that is quite a good test sample.

...and it's AN ass, always an "an" when followed with a vowel :p

We need to get to the bottom of why I've never had liver/bacon & roastys in my house!

just smell that. mmmm
Lambs_liver_bacon_carrots_veg_roast.jpg

So because you, of no fixed intelligence believe I am wrong and therefore must be unintelligent (I guess your opinion should replace the stanford-binet system then), you judge me to be less intelligent than someone that you view more favourably

So which is it, unintelligent or less intelligent? I stated the latter....but yes back to the topic ;)

...anyway, i'm not gonna carry on this topic, so i'll leave it to the Daily Mail/ Sun readers to slag me off. "Someone that doesn't worship soldiers??? ...bet he's a muslim" :p

Face to face I might be able to talk some sense into you but here it descends quite quickly (as I have discovered) into ad hominem attacks.

Enjoy your tea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back