'I'd rather employ a paedophile than ex-forces personnel!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
He's entitled to his opinions but I think it's way over the top stating that you'd employ a paedophile rather than someone who is ex-forces.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't end up costing him clients.

'I'd rather employ a paedophile than a hero': Company boss compares British troops to child molesters in rant at job agency.

A company boss has compared British soldiers to paedophiles and drug dealers after refusing a request by a recruitment service to provide jobs for former troops.

Karl Winn, 60, said he would rather 'recruit ex-drug dealers, convicts and child molesters' than employ former servicemen or women.

His comments came after he was contacted by Forces Recruitment Services and asked if he would consider taking on ex-soldiers at his net design company Webeurope.

Mr Winn, of Taunton, Somerset, wrote back: 'Personally, I'd rather recruit ex-drug dealers, convicts and even child molesters rather than consider anybody who has been in the pay of the British Government.'

'Anybody who has been in the pay of such a military force, and by their silence and complicity has condoned such illegal and immoral actions while accepting a monthly bloodstained pay-packet , certainly won't be considered for employment by us.'

'The reality for the families of their victims is that there will never be any justice, and there never will be any closure, for the loss of a son, a husband, a child, or a family member who has fallen victim to British Military personnel who are going beyond 'just doing their job'.

'Please remove us from your email list. Regards, Karl.'

Despite initially blaming a disgruntled ex-worker who he claimed had hacked into his emails, Mr Winn later admitted to The Sun that he had written them - and stood by his comments.

He admitted they may have been 'a bit over the top' but then said: 'I don't regret saying it at all.'

'Even if it costs me money I'll still stand up for what I believe in,' he said.

'If you have a paedophile, at least he goes to court and is seen to be accountable for what he's done. That's why I made a reference.'

Mr Winn's staff were later seen removing corporate signs from outside his office, which employs 16 people.

FRS managing director Graham Brown said he was 'staggered' by Mr Winn's attitude, which he said 'simply beggared belief.'

'I wonder if the Royal Marine detachment based in Taunton would share your belief,' he told Mr Winn in an email.

Winn later released a statement attempting to justify his comments.

'Ex-paedophiles and drug addicts who have been charged and paid the price for their actions deserve a chance to get on with their lives. In my opinion, military personnel who have got away with murder do not.'

'The reality from the north of Ireland, to Afghanistan and Iraq, is that the perpetrators of such atrocities will always be free to get on with their lives, safe in the knowledge that the policy of the British Government is to ensure their protection from prosecution.'

'I will therefore continue with my blanket ban on employing ex-military personnel. I understand this will affect innocent as well as guilty people.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...de-jobs-soldiers.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo

Sponsored Links
Sounds like to much Scrumpy, and if taken to court could result in a large fine.
But this is in the Sun, Hmmm if it where that venerable organ the Daily Mail I might believe it
:LOL:

I think a few members of the armed forces should pay him a visit.

Sponsored Links
I think a few members of the armed forces should pay him a visit.

...Why? It might not be my view, or your view, but it is just a view and unless I have woken up in Saudi Arabia or Iran, I didn't think it was ok to attack someone over a view.

My personal view is that you go in the army if you can't hack it on civvy street....why should they be given preference?

My personal view is that you go in the army if you can't hack it on civvy street

So if there was no Army, Navy or Air Force you would sleep well in your bed because you know that no other country/foreign nationals/ or religious zealots would not try to take over this country and force you to submit to their views/rules/way of life because we have no defenders?

Wake up you pillock! These men and women join the forces because the very vast majority of them believe in the defence of our nation, our people and what it all stands for! They also believe everyone in the world has the right to have a say in their country and not be dictated to by one person or small group of persons!
If you can't see that then go and live somewhere were they don't give a toss about each other.

Wake up you pillock!

Tut, tut tut. You can't go around calling someone a pillock just because they think people join the army because they can't hack civy street!

That's just being tooooooo polite. ;) :LOL:

The very vast majority of them believe in the defence of our nation

Haha, I know people that went into the army and they couldn't SPELL nation let alone have a call of duty to defend it. :p

Most join because it gives almost ANYONE a job, teaches them a trade, gives them regular money, provides them with a roof over their head and structure...

I am all up for having an army, more as a deterrent than anything, the last time an army was needed was the falklands and before that was the second world war...so were not under constant bombardment are we ;) .

What I am saying however is that it is not a militia, it is a standing paid army...in other words if they weren't getting PAID to do it, but were given food and board only, they wouldn't be doing it.

They are mercenaries in other words.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

These rough men are not following duty though, they are following money,..the GOVERNMENT decide to have an army or not by paying the dregs of society to be the bulk stay and then a small minority of smarter people to be officers.

Nothing heroic about signing a peace of paper to kill for money.

it is a standing paid army.

So you call getting 16-18k for being on call 24/7 for months at a time getting paid? With the strong possibility these days that you may not see a full tour of duty before being brought home in a wooden casket.

Oh sorry, I'm getting them mixed up with the prisoners who get free meals, free satellite tv, free games rooms, free health fitness equipment, a warm room, a clean bed, 3 square meals a day and nice family visits each week.

What do you do for a living that has helped you to 'make it in civvy street'?
A high flying executive pherhaps? Or a skilled tradesman who gets a bloody good wage for a cushy 40 hours a week? Maybe you're a shalf stacker at Asda or Tesco?
What ever you do I bet you're on more money than these lads and lasses and go home to a nice warm house at the end of your shift when you getout of your nice paid for car.

Don't knock any service till you have tried it, succeeded in it and can hold your head up with pride!

Well 16-18 grand is if you are a first class private, if you even bother to go to the tech school at the army your on 18-20, more when you get lance, more when you get in to the serious NCOs. That said 16-18 is quite a lot when you don't have outlay apart from beer money in the mess.

So if you are on 16-18 it is because you have the ambition or intelligence of a fruit fly.

Either way, if it was about protecting the country it wouldn't matter about money, it is about money.

I happen to get very well paid yes, as I happen to be quite intelligent. However if i wasn't intelligent i could always kill people for a living.

Like i said, i would hire them for the remedial stuff, shelf stacking you mentioned etc, which is why I disagree with the guy in the article...but I won't call anyone a hero automatically for signing a piece of paper to sign over any responsibility for their actions they might have and become drones.

Haha, I know people that went into the army and they couldn't SPELL nation let alone have a call of duty to defend it. :p
What has their ability to spell got to do with it?

Most join because it gives almost ANYONE a job, teaches them a trade, gives them regular money, provides them with a roof over their head and structure...
And you know that because....? Where are your facts?

I am all up for having an army, more as a deterrent than anything,
So you're quite happy to be defended by 'the dregs of society' but you don't want to pay them for it... that's admirable of you!

the last time an army was needed was the falklands and before that was the second world war...so were not under constant bombardment are we ;) .
No we're not thank God. Didn't we 'need' the army in Northern Ireland then?

What I am saying however is that it is not a militia, it is a standing paid army...in other words if they weren't getting PAID to do it, but were given food and board only, they wouldn't be doing it.

They are mercenaries in other words.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

These rough men are not following duty though, they are following money,..the GOVERNMENT decide to have an army or not by paying the dregs of society to be the bulk stay and then a small minority of smarter people to be officers.

Nothing heroic about signing a peace of paper to kill for money.
Tell me, with this 'Food and Board Only' idea of yours, how do their families get by? How do they save for something?

I happen to get very well paid... as I happen to be quite intelligent.
You forgot to mention your modesty! :rolleyes:

My personal view is that you go in the army if you can't hack it on civvy street....why should they be given preference?

sounds like you need a visit to same as mr winn
if you can't hack civvy street you won't hack being away from mummy in the forces.

maybe some of you need to try it.

Simple, don't join the army if you have a family.....who chooses to work somewhere that you don't get to see your family and are away for months at a time? Honestly.

I am quite sure you'll find most recruits joined when they didn't have any dependents...can't find any stats either way though.

The ability to spell doesn't matter in the army...in civvy street it would matter.

skitzee2k wrote:
And you know that because....? Where are your facts?

Well the fact that there are NO entry requirements is a bit of a give away ;)

....No, I dare say in NI better police would have done the job.

"You're angry with Ireland being too British?? That's it i'm sending in the British Army...that will quiet things down" ....

That is another discussion though....

P.S. Modesty is for when something is subjective, i.e. painting, singing etc., something objective like IQ requires no modesty. I have a high IQ, no-ones opinion or view ...or modesty changes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back