Ideal C24 HE Mini - no ignition

Sponsored Links
What's the point in these forums when no one is willing to give any sensible answers, if you don't want to advise the OP then don't reply, if he wants to work on his boiler that's down to him, better to point them in the right direction than let them spend unnecessary money, Lots of people mess around with things they are not experienced to touch, Do you do things on your car, do any electrics at home, The UK has one of the biggest DIY markets and nothing can be done to stop it, everything is available from high street shops or on line go on to you tube lots of films on boiler repairs and other things that encourage people to have a go, they can even call most manufactures and they will tell them the problem, even sell them the part to fix it, So it just makes a mockery of most trades.

I very much appreciate people's help and am of course thankful to all for it.

This is a discussion forum and we are still discussing things, I'm not used to using forums where people expect a like or whatever it is after every post. Reading back I could have been more polite with the initial post too, that's my bad and most unlike me but comes from being part of a different forum community where I'm already part of things so it's more natural to just start chatting and say thanks when we come to a conclusion.

I am a DIYer to a certain point and as mentioned like to investigate and understand things but won't muck about with things I'm not meant to. If I did I'd have ordered a switch by now based on the error code and attempted to fit it rather than entering the bank holiday weekend not knowing if I'm going to have any hot water or not every time I turn the tap on :)

Sponsored Links
What's the point in these forums when no one is willing to give any sensible answers, if you don't want to advise the OP then don't reply, if he wants to work on his boiler that's down to him, better to point them in the right direction than let them spend unnecessary money, Lots of people mess around with things they are not experienced to touch, Do you do things on your car, do any electrics at home, The UK has one of the biggest DIY markets and nothing can be done to stop it, everything is available from high street shops or on line go on to you tube lots of films on boiler repairs and other things that encourage people to have a go, they can even call most manufactures and they will tell them the problem, even sell them the part to fix it, So it just makes a mockery of most trades.

Try reading the forum rules.

Try reading the forum rules.

Fine then why have a Plumbing & heating section ? it should just be for Plumbing problems, stands to reason people will ask about boiler problems in this section, and some of the reply's that are given to people are quite rude and inappropriate , Do they speak to their own customers in the same way ! I think not, the only reply that is required is sorry we cant give advise on boiler repairs, not reply with sarcastic , rude & sometimes bad Langage, that shows a real professional attitude.

Have you read the third reply on this thread?

I think not.
Yes , For your information I have read all the reply's !! and that's where the thread should have been stopped (Closed) Been on a few of these forums and find some people quite arrogant and up themselves when they have been on them for several years try & to give the impression they are gods gift, to whatever they are replying to, there is no reason what so ever to be short or rude to people asking questions ! That's the whole purpose of these forums, if you don't want to reply then fine, but don't try to belittle people, they are after advise, Yes some things they should not mess with, but people do. we are all guilty of that ! in a lot of cases they are here for help maybe because they cant afford to get someone in to fix whatever their problem is , Just being a little more tolerant & polite doesn't hurt

This is a discussion forum and we are still discussing things, I'm not used to using forums where people expect a like or whatever it is after every post. Reading back I could have been more polite with the initial post too,
****************** deleted
Intermittent fault you say,

Gas advice removed - mod
So you think giving advice about a safety device is good or the correct advice to give ;), anybody ( diyer)can read your good advice then decide to tamper that device ( you know what i mean ) on whatever boiler that maybe from just reading NO IGNITION in title. As I said before, little info can be dangerous info .

Last edited by a moderator:
****************** deleted

So you think giving advice about a safety device is good or the correct advice to give ;), anybody ( diyer)can read your good advice then decide to tamper that device ( you know what i mean ) on whatever boiler that maybe from just reading NO IGNITION in title. As I said before, little info can be dangerous info .

Then simple answer is Not to reply or give any advise to people asking for guidance not only on gas related questions but plumbing as well as most other things that people will fiddle with ! What about Mr DIY mechanic who plays around with the brakes on his car ! another unqualified person putting not only his life at risk but other road users, You know as well as I do that all this information is available from no end of places From DIY sheds , manufactures, Internet, even the people that supply the trade, Not only will they give advise, But they are quite happy to sell any gas appliance or fitting to anyone that has the money, And until a stop is made so that unqualified people can not purchase certain goods, People will purchase, and repair their own goods in their own homes, this applies to other trades as well, not only gas is dangerous to play around with, Campaigns have been tried over the years without any success, Because the big company's don't want it to happen, Yes they make a noise about it, But they make more money selling to every man & his dog than they do selling to the trade only, How meny merchants can you walk into that display the prices of Boilers etc. and will sell to who ever walks in and not ask any questions about who is fitting it ? I am old enough to remember when a Trade counter was just that and they would not sell to anyone without proof of who you were, things like cooker hoses, fire fixing kits could not be purchased from merchants but only from the gas board then you had to supply a works purchase order, Now any DIY shed or so called Plumbers merchants will quite happily sell these to whoever walks in ! So how do you stop people regardless of what it is they are messing with, that put other people at risk

I remember seeing the b and q "expert" advise a couple of guys on how to fit a flue turret who then went on to buy it.
They were struggling to understand what he was saying as their English wasn't very good

I remember seeing the b and q "expert" advise a couple of guys on how to fit a flue turret who then went on to buy it.
They were struggling to understand what he was saying as their English wasn't very good

That's the point I am trying to make, if they don't get an answer here or other forums , plenty of other options available, So you either point them in the right direction, or don't reply to their question.

My opinion is that he should of advised the guys to get someone who is qualified to do the job.
Incorrectly fitting a flue could be fatal

What about Mr DIY mechanic who plays around with the brakes on his car ! another unqualified person putting not only his life at risk but other road users
you don't have to be qualified the change brakes

also your analogy if b and poo giving advice ( which they do ) that can be dangerous is pretty rich when your advising someone about a boiler safety device .
also if you don't like the answers given you don't have read whats written ;) but i expect those very people have greatly helped more posters than they've been short with , its a two way street ;) . also it doesn't mean because other companies giving dangerous advice means you should also, oh just realised the forum mods agree :whistle:

i wonder if their family would greatly appreciate you after being killed from the diyer actions you advised from carbon monoxide poisoning , but hey , but they were skint so that makes it ok does it :rolleyes: :whistle: ,

you don't have to be qualified the change brakes

also your analogy if b and poo giving advice ( which they do ) that can be dangerous is pretty rich when your advising someone about a boiler safety device .
also if you don't like the answers given you don't have read whats written ;) but i expect those very people have greatly helped more posters than they've been short with , its a two way street ;) . also it doesn't mean because other companies giving dangerous advice means you should also, oh just realised the forum mods agree :whistle:

i wonder if their family would greatly appreciate you after being killed from the diyer actions you advised from carbon monoxide poisoning , but hey , but they were skint so that makes it ok does it :rolleyes: :whistle: ,

I think your entitled to your opinion the same as everyone else, comments about CO poisoning are somewhat unfounded, no evidence to prove who is responsible for the most incidences , DIY - other trades or GS guys the figures over the years stay about the same, From your reply you make it sound as though you have a downer on less affluent people trying to get by, maybe you have been fortunate enough not to have been in that position your self No your correct you don't have to have any qualifications to do repairs to a vehicle But the chance of killing themselves along with other people is Proberly greater than dieing of CO, compare road deaths to CO deaths. Are you saying that you have never given anyone advise on how to do things, or that you never do anything that your not qualified to do !! I cant understand why you get so uptight about what advise is given, if its not given on this forum there are plenty of others where it is readily available, its all over the internet , even film clips that show it being done, maybe you could complain to them , So you don't like me giving advise on gas related things, So would it be ok if I tell someone how to fix the brakes on their car ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back