Ideal Icos NO Display.... HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have an Ideal Icos HE 18 and recently its stopped working, there is no lights on the display and there is a 240v supply there, also no fuses have blown so i'm thinking it could be the PCB, but what would cause this to just blow like that

Many thanks, Joe

Sponsored Links
If its the old black PCB,or the early orange one,they were common failures,the later V9 board (also orange)is better

I there a bit of melting of the case on the top of the main module?

I got through over 800 ICOS transformers last year !

"the later V9 board (also orange)is better" ...couldn't really be worse

Sponsored Links
The most common cause of no display is water leaking from the AAV onto the connection interface to the display PCB.

Sometimes that causes the PCB to fail as its not protected against overloads. Its almost as if they designed the AAV to leak onto that part and the PCB to fail so they could sell another.

Usually when the transformer has overheated you can see the layout of the laminations on the plastic PCB case.

There is also an externally accessible fuse on the PCB but if that has blown its normally because of a real fault.

Tony

The most common cause of no display is water leaking from the AAV onto the connection interface to the display PCB.

Sometimes that causes the PCB to fail as its not protected against overloads. Its almost as if they designed the AAV to leak onto that part and the PCB to fail so they could sell another.

Usually when the transformer has overheated you can see the layout of the laminations on the plastic PCB case.

There is also an externally accessible fuse on the PCB but if that has blown its normally because of a real fault.

Tony

Tony - the transformer is there to protect the fuse - it invariably dies first

"the later V9 board (also orange)is better" ...couldn't really be worse
Joking aside (if that's possibly with the Icos), how do you find the v9 board in terms of failures compared to other (makes) PCBs?

Mathew

thanks for the replys chaps, so this v9 board, is it compatable with the Ideal Icos HE18?? is so how much are they? or would u recommend getting a new boiler to save on future hassle from this turd boiler??

no display can also be a fault in the connector on the underside of the boiler next to the pcb, into which the power cable plugs. in mycase,it turned out the original installer hadn't pushed it in fully (barely at all), so when the spark electrode was replaced, taking off the cover disconnected the power! Changed the pcb before working out what it was. This is probably uncommon, but worth checking :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back