Ideal Isar HE24 - intermittent problems and error messages

T

tshallett

Hi Everyone

I've got an Ideal Isar HE24 boiler. it's pretty new (the 2 year 'new build' warranty expired about 6 months ago). It supplies my hot water and underfloor heating.

Currently, it seems to be acting a 'bit funny'. About 10 days ago, I returned from work and the DHW wasn't working. The boiler displayed an H-E flashing fault. So I turned it off then on again and it fired up fine and worked ok.

But, it still seems a bit dodgy - sometimes an 'H' flashes up on the display after the 'd' for the hot water and before it reverts to '0' for off. And sometimes the 'c' for central heating appears in the display, but the burner doesn't come on (even when the central heating is off).

And today my shower was constantly going hot and cold, and when I went to the boiler it seemed to be struggling a bit - it was flashing error messages like 'H' '2' and a dash (-) and when the 'd' did come up the burner didn't stay on.

But then I turned on the shower and taps again and all was fine again.

Anyone know what's going on?!

I've already has it repaired under the warranty (not sure what they did but it was an H-9 error message).

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks
Tom

Sponsored Links
H-E is pointing to a pcb error/fault, These are notorious for going on these and could also be the cause of intermittent problems you are experiencing.

The hot/cold shower fault could be a scaled up plate HE, or even a scaled up shower head.

H codes mean the boiler thinks it is a serious fault and needs resetting by the mains being turned off for about 30 secs. The reset button will not reset these faults.

Sponsored Links
Call me Wonder mat

or call me Wonder pratt

as I didnt I assumed

LMAO

sorry

:oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back