ideal Mexico - CH working but not HW

Acid test always is, is there any hot water in the cylinder now?

If, as has been said previously, there is a blockage in the pipework, then circulation may still be very slow.

Sponsored Links
Sorry what do you mean by Acid test?

Anyway, there is hot water.

Will it makes any difference if I power flush it?
Was the system full of sludge when you first drained it? How long is it now taking to heat a full cylinder? How does it compare with the time it took before? I still think your best move would be to convert your system to fully pumped and get all the benefits that would give you.

"Acid test" is a saying, meaning "a conclusive test of the success or value of something." Stems from the 18th Century when Nitric acid was used to test metals, gold did not dissolve so easily as other metals, so to check if gold was real, it was given the acid test.

Sponsored Links
Was the system full of sludge when you first drained it? How long is it now taking to heat a full cylinder? How does it compare with the time it took before? I still think your best move would be to convert your system to fully pumped and get all the benefits that would give you.

Yes, the system was full of sludge when I drained it.
It definitely seems fast to heat up than what it was before.

I am not too sure how to covert the system to fully pumped. Is it simple to do?

Then it’s likely you will still have contaminated system water and will have further issues as it moves around the pipework and comes out of suspension during periods of inactivity. Try chemical and clean water flushing over a period of days/weeks, before resorting to powerflushing.

Simple for us because it’s our job.

How simple it is to convert is very much down to your personal skill level, an experienced engineer would think its fairly easy, you need to know your limits when it comes to DIY as its often cheaper in the long run to employ a professional. I questioned your understanding of your system from the beginning, you finished up having to replace the pump due to your lack of understanding, you had already told us your CH system worked so why did you feel the need to dismantle the pump? Many of us have spent years & years learning our trade and still we wouldn't claim to know absolutely everything but Im sure had I and many others spent less than an hour on site with your original "No Hot Water" problem we would have fixed it for less than it cost you for materials.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back