ideal Mexico - CH working but not HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

My HW (hot water) not working after I drained my CH (Central Heating).

I released all the air pressure in all radiators.

When I set the control to just HW, I can see the fire start for a couple of minutes and then it went off.

Any idea why?
Should I bleed the myson unit five pump? Is it just unscrew the black nut in the middle?

Here are some picture how my boiler looks like.
20151111_085337.jpg 20151111_090149.jpg
THanks,

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Looks like you may have inch primaries there, in which case HW will be gravity fed. Could be air locked or blocked pipework, can you tell us how many pipes connect to the boiler please, or put some more pics up of boiler and HW cylinder connections.

No water in header tank? Of airlock at cylinder or blocked cold feed.
As looks like gravity hw pumped central heating which is unsuitable for this boiler per manufacturer instructions.

663462BD-8352-4A6E-8BC4-CF375AB5B775.png

Sponsored Links
As said by others you probably have a gravity HW system, if so you will NOT have a thermostat strapped to the side of the HW cylinder and your pump wont run when you select HW only, is that the case?

Looks like you may have inch primaries there, in which case HW will be gravity fed. Could be air locked or blocked pipework, can you tell us how many pipes connect to the boiler please, or put some more pics up of boiler and HW cylinder connections.
I got an illustration of it here.
IMG_20180428_092321.jpg

Could well be air in the pump, and yes you just loosen the cap to bleed it
I off the switch and bleed the pump, however, the same thing happens. It fires up for a couple of minutes and went off again.

Your picture shows the pump fitted in the HW return, can you check as it should be in the CH.

The pump is on the CH. Cant be sure it is on the return or flow.

The HW return is the pipe on the extreme right, I would say.

My money is on an airlock in the primary HW circuit. Can you post a pic if the HW flow into the cylinder?

So have you got a second pump for the CH system?
Not sure that it's the second pump. Only can find one.

This boiler could only run HW only or CH & HW. It can't run on CH only. And it's a gravy system with a storage cylinder.

The pipe on the left of boiler is HW flow the pipe on right hand side with pump is CH flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back