Ideal Mini blaaaahhhhhhhhhgggggg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just in the middle of fitting an Ideal Mini C28, yuk, first off it said it needs a "voltage free" room stat, what a crock of shiite, it NEEDS, 240volts to power the stat, since WHEN does that make it voltage free, you need to run 4 core cable to cover this, which I hadn't allowed for, means another trip through the traffic, cr*pinhell.
Right, what is it with the bl**ddy instructions, loads of unecessary garbage to wade through, tells you how to fit the flue BEFORE how to fit the boiler, wanted the backspacer kit to run the pipes behind the boiler and was given a pre plumbing kit, of course they put the instructions for the spacer kit in with the pre plumb kit just to confuse you.
What a faffing flue kit, no wonder the cowboys allways naff up the installation, took me ages to get it right.
Half the washers missing for the connections, good job a second lot came with the pre jig kit or I would be stuffed and rummaging round in the van for an hour looking for something to fit.
Comes to fit the timer, jeeez, was it made for tiny weeny weeny litttle people with extra large eyes and tiny tiny fingers or what, tiny little buttons which stick in when pushed, tiny weeny weeny little digital display to try and read and explain to customer, need a faffing magnifying glass,
faffing million on off overide options, all I wanted was a bog standard 2on 2 off timer, apparently doesn't seem to be listed on Bump Center computer even though one is mentioned in the digital space age installation instructions.
Are we supposed to cut a hole to get the mains cable in or what, need faffing gynocologist fingers to get to clamp screws in.
Lets hope the damn thing works tommorow when I switch it on. :cry:
Will go back to fitting 28Cdi's for now, god knows what to fit next april :cry:

Sponsored Links
Job going well, new CH installation, just usual scenario, boiler cheap but expensive to fit, one thing I do like is the built in byepass which says you can have t/valves on all the rads, usefull on this particular installation.

Sponsored Links
PVM, the government want to get X thousand of young people on to appreticeships before 200X. Why not help the powers that be with their targets and take on one that has small fingers, big eyes can drive the van while flicking through the A-Z and at the same time, take parts orders over the mobile.

You could apologize to the customer on his behalf when you get water on the carpet too.

you might even get your photo in PHAM news.

Yea thanks guys, do have to train them to gob onto the neighbours drive, chuck their litter out the van in posh culdisacs, swear loudly next to paper thin walls with customers the other side, turn up late everyday, talk absolute shiite about how many women they have shagged, flick their fag ash over the furniture, sit on peoples beds, chat up the customers posh daughters, leave gas and water leaks and tell you it's ok it'll do, or do they STILL come ready trained with all that.

Thanks for the tip about the clock Kev, allready spotted that when fitting it yesterday, had to treble check the instructions on which way up the terminal was.

Yeah not the most installer friendly boiler out there, with sh#te fitting instructions . Lot of little niggely things that add up. Only done the one but minute i saw the clock that came with it told them to keep it and give me a proper wall mounted one. Mind you fitted a mini system boiler the other day and it`s not a bad boiler for the price

brumylad said:
You could apologize to the customer on his behalf when you get water on the carpet too..

Or sets fire to your bedding with the blowtorch!

It happened to us!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back