IE 7

B

Belrose

:rolleyes:

Windows Update has started inviting me to upgrade to IE 7. Normally I would tick 'install' but I have been browsing back posts to improve my knowledge and I am sure I saw a comment from someone that their problem (don't remember what) started after upgrading to IE 7. So far I have been unable to locate that particular post. Cd someone kindly advise me whether it is a good idea to upgrade and if any snags are known ?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not had any problems myself. You can always uninstall it from Add/Remove programs if you don't like it.

I believe there to be known issues with the BT broadband users software and IE7.

:(

Thanks Igorian and Spark 123.

Drat - I am on BT Broadband - do you know what the issues are ?

Sponsored Links

Thanks Libby. I think I will stick with IE6 for the moment. If things go wrong suddenly I imagine that all sorts of malware are snuffling around my system !

Belrose said:

Thanks Igorian and Spark 123.

Drat - I am on BT Broadband - do you know what the issues are ?

I am BT BB I had a problem & asked a question on here. I cant remember what I did to fix.
What I do remember was I Googled, find the answer. I had to rename the BT help file & then BT BB installed a new help file automatically, VERY EASY

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks Diyisfun and Spark 123. I must be in need of stronger specs - how can I have missed the earlier posts.....

Off now to google ' IE conflict - BT BB ' as recommended to Breezer by Diyisfun ! May not understand it all, though, so could be back with a few amateurish questions. But if you don't know, you don't know....

TGIF.

:rolleyes:

I did the Google for 'IE7 conflict - BT BB' and have decided that a wise bunny leaves well enough alone so I will keep IE 6 until forced by MS to upgrade, by which time it might be sorted, fingers crossed.....

Thanks again everyone. Have a nice weekend.

Sponsored Links
Back