If I could only.....

Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe it's the hour of the morning, not sure really, but reading through the posts.....one of them said something along the line of "turning back the clock 30 years". I've had conversations before along the line of ...if only....
I dunno...I was lets say 25 again. And there's always the "but" if I knew then what I knew now.....would anything be better? or worse? Do we really know it would be vastly different?...aside from the tremendous dejavu feeling we would have for the next 25 years. I think now.....how many old lottery tickets did I save? (none) how many things -that are highly collectible and were still in the box....have I spoiled or given away? As a general rule, I dont 'burn bridges'....would I now? Would I be nicer? Would I have more friends? Here's a scary thought....maybe President? (naw) :rolleyes:
Just thinkin.

Sponsored Links
I've often had thoughts along the same lines, usually in the form of "if I had access to a time machine, would I go back and change anything?"

I've had some awful things happen to me over the years but have always come to the conclusion that, given the option, I would resist the temptation to change any of them.

My reasoning goes like this:
There's a guy I know who I see every so often, he's got his faults but generally speaking he's a nice guy and someone I'm proud to be acquainted with.
Everything which has happened to him throughout his life has gone into forming his character, values, opinions and personality. Good things and bad things have all had their effect.
If any one of those events hadn't happened his life would have taken a different course, possibly radically different, and he would have turned out to be a different person.
I might not like the new, alternative him. I might not be proud to be acquainted with him. I might even be ashamed to know him. But I'd still have to see him every so often - mornings usually, in the shaving mirror.

mlb3c said:
I dunno...I was lets say 25 again. And there's always the "but" if I knew then what I knew now.....would anything be better? or worse?
If you were 25 again with all the knowledge and experiences gained over the 'coming' 30 years, where would be then the joy of learning (through trial and error) the joy of success (through trial and error) the joy and/or amazement of seeing, watching, hearing, realising things for the first time?

Think it would be pretty boring.
Just my thought.

good point.....actually i started really thinkin about the dejavu factor....we all experience that from time to time.....if i had that everyday over the course of 25 years....well, I dont think I would be the fun loving, spontaneous creature I am today (MHO). What is the saying?....Life is mysterious...dont take it serious. I think I 'think' too much :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
mlb3c said:
I think I 'think' too much :LOL: :LOL:
don't think you can ever think too much. It will only start to hurt (i.e. going nowhere) when your thinking goes round in circles ;)

Back