If you had to choose.

Sponsored Links
GAS not Water...Definitely - for the 80`s sell off and shares, and the cushy job I would still have despite getting arthritic- I`d be in an office, or made redundant with more £££££ because they couldn`t find me a job. and I`d sit here and take the P*** out of plumbers- instead of vice- versa. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I used to love my job (switch maintenance for gpo/ bt) you used to get into the places that the public don't usually get to see because they all have a phone and they go wrong eventually.
Never knew what your next job was going to be or where, then they promoted me gave me an office and six months later I took redundancy.

Infidel, so did I till '92 in Glasgow F

Hung in till 95, not well paid but adequate for our needs, but a great job seen things and been places well you know.

No chance!

But I would have to do something practical as I like using my hands.
Maybe carpentery, not a joiner, a real carpenter who worked with real wood and made bespoke furniture, toys, etc.

I'd be a joiner or plasterer or sparks or plumber. Then I would be able to work on a nice ready made building instead of a wet cold green field site creating something from nothing & not have to endure whingeing joiners saying "its 10mm out of square" on a 200 sq mts build or other pontificating over rated over paid none attending tradespersons slapping great holes through carefully finished brickwork which I wouldn't have wasted my time doing, just so they could f*** it up.

Sponsored Links
Back