Can you choose what booster you have ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
We had AZ for first 2, then pfizer booster, no problems. I don't think you get a choice.

I had AZ and then the booster was Pfizer, I think , whichever needs 15min wait after, not sure if you have a choice, as i think all the kids - <40 are only having Pfizer, so thats what most are gearing up for.
And depends on what they have in the centre when you book, as now they think its better to have a mixture.
Although, i'm surprised as you have the additional 15min waiting time after, which is apparently causing flow issues and parking at some centres (with AZ you walked straight out)

maybe worth talking to the Vaccine line, if you want to book a specific type , assuming they know what the centres actually have
I had some side effects from them all , felt rough for a few days each time, i'm pretty sure i was not 100% right after the 1st. - but after the 2nd i was much better generally.

Last edited:
I had no choice, first two were Astra Zenica, the booster was Moderna.

Sponsored Links
I had the AZ jabs, and had no side effects (yet). Seeing as it was OK, can I choose this as a booster ? If not then I doubt I'll have one.
I think the idea of the booster is that it is different from your previous two, in order to bolster efficiency.

We had AZ for first 2, then pfizer booster, no problems. I don't think you get a choice.
Ditto.

I had the AZ jabs, and had no side effects (yet). Seeing as it was OK, can I choose this as a booster ? If not then I doubt I'll have one.
For most people the side effects are mild or very short lived. Much better than the alternative.(y)

If you’ve had 2x AstraZeneca then you will get Moderna or Pfizer.

you get offered the AstraZeneca as a booster

I spoke to a medic when I had my booster.

Because I had a bad reaction to an IM injection in hospital, the medica are extremely cautious about giving me jabs.

I was given AZ for both vaccinations, with a crash team on standby.

But the medic said the AZ is not as effective for as long, so she recommended Pfizer. I said I wasn't bothered as long as they had a crash team available!

There is generally no choice. One or the other mRNA for boosters. The vaccine effectiveness comparisons don't show any significant difference with any of them really. They do show a swifter drop off against Omicron but it's early days but they do appear to believe that is fact and they can't relate end effect to age at the moment. Patients are too young to do that. They are saying it's beginning to spread upwards now just as it always has on any wave.

What hasn't been done specifically is deaths etc since freedom day other than the daily rates. No age breakdown. That seems to only be available as totals for this year. It's obviously going to be better than last year going on the numbers coming out. Omicron is rather TBD in all areas of risk.

I think the idea of the booster is that it is different from your previous two, in order to bolster efficiency.
Mrs Mottie had Pfizer 1,2 and booster. I've not heard of anyone getting AZ as a booster. Just Pfizer and Moderna.

When I had my Pz booster, after 1 and Pz, no option was offered and they only seemed to have the Pz available. I heard they were making a point of Pz as a booster, if you has the AZ for the 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back