If you were God...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not going to jump in after 18+ pages of the evolution thread so I'll start another one. There have been a couple of other threads in the same vein recently and all seem to go round in circles as to wether there is or isn't a god.
So , just for a moment imagine that you are God , proper creator of everything and you could see your people having these endless arguments on forums not to mention wars and conflict.
How or what would you do to leave all the people in no doubt that you actually exsist?
I'd dispense with all the subtly and vague hints like my son's face in a watermelon or appearing in dreams and do something that cannot be explained.
For example how about (and being God I could do this) 3 foot diameter solid steel balls with "property of God" on them that just hover above the ground permantly or maybe I'd just turn all the guns in the world into chocolate
Any other ideas from any would be deity?

Sponsored Links
If all the humans disappeared off the planet and we just had animals left behind, then no animal on the planet would be aware of 'tomorrow' or 'next week'. Tomorrow would still exist but they would not comprehend it. They would not think, "Tomorrow I will go to the waterhole".

Humans are slightly more intelligent animals, we know about tomorrow and death, but we don't comprehend 'eternity' or 'infinity'.

That concept is to us what tomorrow is to the animal.

In other words we will never understand the 'how' or 'why' of the universe - but it doesn't mean that there isn't one - just that we don't understand it.

If all the humans disappeared off the planet and we just had animals left behind, then no animal on the planet would be aware of 'tomorrow' or 'next week'. Tomorrow would still exist but they would not comprehend it. They would not think, "Tomorrow I will go to the waterhole".

Humans are slightly more intelligent animals, we know about tomorrow and death, but we don't comprehend 'eternity' or 'infinity'.

That concept is to us what tomorrow is to the animal.

In other words we will never understand the 'how' or 'why' of the universe - but it doesn't mean that there isn't one - just that we don't understand it.

Quote from joe "Humans are slightly more intelligent animals" .......are you sure Joe looking at some of the "humans" :D on here??

Sponsored Links
AFAICT, all the religious people in the world believe that if something good happens, it's because God made it happen, but if something bad happens, it's not "His" doing.

So, on that basis, I would like God to prove "Him" or "Her" self by undoing some bad.

Like, for example, calming a Tsunami or earthquake.

AFAICT, all the religious people in the world believe that if something good happens, it's because God made it happen, but if something bad happens, it's not "His" doing.

So, on that basis, I would like God to prove "Him" or "Her" self by undoing some bad.

Like, for example, calming a Tsunami or earthquake.

Truly religious (im talking Christian here) people who actually have a real understanding of the bible - not just Christmas/Easter Christians as i call them actually never say that good things are Gods doing and bad things are not. They believe that whatever happens is part of Gods will. If something good happens, then it was allowed to occur due to being part of the plan, likewise for something bad. No where in the bible does it say that bad things will not happen, even to righteous people.

It also says in the Bible that even the most sinful people can repent and ask for forgiveness and it shall be given. Doesnt mean to say however that you can live your life how you want, doing awful or bad things and then at the last minute acknowledge this, ask for forgiveness and then everything will be ok.

Im not an overly religious person, and i dont go to any church. However, i have read the Bible numerous times for my own interest. If i was God, then i would carry the status quo on, and let the righteous find me until such a point that i felt my plan was going way off line. At that point i would begin the events spoken about in Revelations which would see the second coming of Christ etc etc.

having said that, and coming from a neutral point of view - although there is plenty of evidence to suggest he might exists, there is also plenty which suggests he does not! I cant help feel that those who are indeed awaiting for Christ to return will never have the satisfaction of it actually occuring.

Divine events in Biblical times if they are to be believed appeared to happen frequently, and yet for the last 2000 odd years, that activity has ceased to occur at all. Why wait so long!?

You would have to bu66er of without trace before some power hugry bastard turned you into a new religion"O"and take all daft religious rubbish with you.

So , just for a moment imagine that you are God , proper creator of everything and you could see your people having these endless arguments on forums not to mention wars and conflict.
How or what would you do to leave all the people in no doubt that you actually exsist?

That's easy. Well, to begin with, I'd come back in person complete with long grey beard and monk's outfit, then there'd be no doubting who I was.

Then I'd do all sorts of things to put the world back to rights, starting with the removal of the EU and the Labour party! Of course, being a Christian god, I'd have to get rid of all the muslims too.

I'd soon have the world back like the Garden of Eden.

If I was God I'd make all prisoners wear the same pair of underpants until they were released.

And I'd make Constable Bean work in the prison laundry room where he had to hand wash and darn them all.

Joe, I'd send to school starting with primary school, as he obviously missed out on on any formal education. Then as he requires a severe dose of humility I'd turn him into a hermit and make him live in a cave. Er, hangon........ Been tried.... Didn't work.

The only problem is that if I turned up, all the religious fruitcakes would want to kill me as it would rather destroy their power base. They quite like the idea that nobody can prove I exist, as it is the whole basis of their control over others.

I would ban prayers, my ego does not need massaging, I would not expect my children to grovel on their hands and knees just because I'm their father, I would certainly not install the "Fear of God" in them, one cannot demand respect, it is earned...

Sponsored Links
Back