Illegal parking..

M

Mickymoody

There was a scenario that someone disabled parked on a garage forecourt illegaly, and was clamped, and there was a media storm, don't clamp the disabled. If they break the law, then the same rules apply?

Then another story, it says on motorways, take a break, if you are tired, so someone I know pulled into a service station, and took a break, but exceeded the 2 hours allowed. The parking laws are clearly displayed, break them, and pay the fine.

Both complained, and lost, rightly, why is it that you are automatically complaining, when you did wrong? Accept your punishment. Why moan and complain about the system, when you are in the wrong?

Sponsored Links
There was a scenario that someone disabled parked on a garage forecourt illegaly, and was clamped, and there was a media storm, don't clamp the disabled. If they break the law, then the same rules apply?

Then another story, it says on motorways, take a break, if you are tired, so someone I know pulled into a service station, and took a break, but exceeded the 2 hours allowed. The parking laws are clearly displayed, break them, and pay the fine.

Both complained, and lost, rightly, why is it that you are automatically complaining, when you did wrong? Accept your punishment. Why moan and complain about the system, when you are in the wrong?

:rolleyes:

Op, are you honestly telling me that you have never broken a law and tried to get away with it?

Op, are you honestly telling me that you have never broken a law and tried to get away with it?

I've parked illegally, as I had no change for the meter, and had an urgent job to do. I knew I was breaking the rules, so not concerned when I found the vehicle clamped on my return.

I've gone over time on pay and display, I've got away with it, I've also been ticketed. Fair cop, had a nice chat to the attendant, took it on the chin.

When you break the rules - admit it, don't fuss and rant and rave, and blame the world, it was your fault. If there was a genuine mistake, reason and logic through the event, and appeal if need be. But don't shout and swear.

I don't think there is any other law that I've broken (apart from speeding), but not tried to avoid the penalty. I got 6 points in 3 weeks once for 51 in a 30. I got caught, I took the fine and points. I didn't moan to the papers for being victimised. When I got pulled up twice in one day, then I complained to the police, the head honcho rang me up, reasoned through why I might be getting pulled, and I've not been pulled since. Simple.

Sponsored Links
Laudable sentiments indeed. Prisons are full of "innocents" who have been found guilty. It would be lovely if they had put their hands up and said "it's a fair cop guv".

Kid I taught years ago accused me of hitting him and he went to the doctors with bruises to prove it. Trouble is, his girlfriend admitted that he hit himself on the chest repeatedly on the way home to get a bruise, and the whole incident was caught on CCTV which proved that I didn't lay a finger on him. The charges were dropped by the parents when they saw the footage and heard what his girlfriend said, but the lad had spent so long concocting this complete load of blox that he believed it to be true. Even when he left a year later, he refused to apologise for lying and maintained that I had hit him :rolleyes:

Moral of the story - just because someone is caught red handed doesn't mean that they accept that they've committed the crime

Laudable sentiments indeed. Prisons are full of "innocents" who have been found guilty. It would be lovely if they had put their hands up and said "it's a fair cop guv".

Kid I taught years ago accused me of hitting him and he went to the doctors with bruises to prove it. Trouble is, his girlfriend admitted that he hit himself on the chest repeatedly on the way home to get a bruise, and the whole incident was caught on CCTV which proved that I didn't lay a finger on him. The charges were dropped by the parents when they saw the footage and heard what his girlfriend said, but the lad had spent so long concocting this complete load of blox that he believed it to be true. Even when he left a year later, he refused to apologise for lying and maintained that I had hit him :rolleyes:

Moral of the story - just because someone is caught red handed doesn't mean that they accept that they've committed the crime

There's not many criminally minded, that to save their neck, lie through their teeth, to avoid the big house. But to go to the press for a parking misdemeanor, that they were in the wrong, they aren't going to jail, so just fess up. Admit it, don't make a fuss.

Your story Daneski, is so full of holes, that I find it difficult at best to believe, WHY would you be the prime suspect, as a teacher? Why would a student beat themselves? Why would they associate you to them beating themselves? There seems to be some type of pre-history event happening there, why not pick on somebody else? Why put you in the frame?

Lots of questions, and wherfores, and maybes, but you know what? I believe you were victimised for whatever reason, no need to explain why. it must happen. And it can hurt a career. Yeah I broke the law, Yeah I've been in the papers protesting about one thing or another, yeah, I've complained to my MP for change, and got it. But I'm not about to lie to avoid anything that I did. I did/said that for a reason, and I stand by it.

Your story Daneski, is so full of holes, that I find it difficult at best to believe, WHY would you be the prime suspect, as a teacher? Why would a student beat themselves? Why would they associate you to them beating themselves? There seems to be some type of pre-history event happening there, why not pick on somebody else? Why put you in the frame?

Lots of questions, and wherfores, and maybes, but you know what? I believe you were victimised for whatever reason, no need to explain why. it must happen. And it can hurt a career.
The lad in question walked into one of my lessons univited (I didn't teach him) and proceded to have a conversation loudly across the room with another pupil, using rude and profane language. I asked him to leave and followed him out to remind him that this wasn't really acceptable behaviour. During this, he pushed past me and left the area. Next thing I heard (the next day) were these accusations being made about me when the deputy head came to make provisional enquiries and ask for a written statement.

Like I said, a year later I came across him in a cover lesson (it was his final week in Year 11 at that time) and I asked him why he made the story up. He swore blind that I had hit him and denied ever walking into my classroom.

Believe what you want to believe Micky, I'm telling no lies.

He's not the only person I've come across over the years who do "naughty" things and claim with conviction that it wasn't them even though there are witnesses and CCTV evidence :rolleyes: . Sad, but true

:confused: is it me? because most of the time I haven't a clue what MM's going on about.

Well i don't think you're alone AJ.

After I had posted here i read further as I haven't been on this forum before, and from other posts I read, I would say this is one disturbed personality.

aj and mr m walker - your posts are not relevant to the thread and as such Mr Moody will refer to you in an angry tone and possibly refer to you as Trolls. This sort of behaviour from you really upsets him and you should desist from adopting it.

If you wish for further details, then feel free to contact me via pm (usual accept friend request first) ;)

Lots of questions, and wherfores, and maybes, but you know what? I believe you were victimised for whatever reason, no need to explain why. it must happen. And it can hurt a career.
The lad in question walked into one of my lessons univited (I didn't teach him) and proceded to have a conversation loudly across the room with another pupil, using rude and profane language. I asked him to leave and followed him out to remind him that this wasn't really acceptable behaviour. During this, he pushed past me and left the area. Next thing I heard (the next day) were these accusations being made about me when the deputy head came to make provisional enquiries and ask for a written statement.

Like I said, a year later I came across him in a cover lesson (it was his final week in Year 11 at that time) and I asked him why he made the story up. He swore blind that I had hit him and denied ever walking into my classroom.

Believe what you want to believe Micky, I'm telling no lies.

He's not the only person I've come across over the years who do "naughty" things and claim with conviction that it wasn't them even though there are witnesses and CCTV evidence :rolleyes: . Sad, but true

I believe you, in fact thesedays, I believe teachers are goaded, and filmed on their reaction, immediately loaded up to facebook, whatever, to discredit anyone with a grudge, but you also seem to have held a grudge, as you brought it up a year later, this may have initiated his attack against you, or did the incident happen in the meantime? A bit like wind the teacher up, lets happy slap them at their reaction, film proof is irrefutable. We all had a teacher we didn't get along with, but in this age of tech, trying to goad someone, for a rise, like the eejits on this forum don't read the thread title, and post nonsense, just for their own amusement. Why people post random comment to a thread, that adds nothing to the forum I don't know. Basic lack of use of a forum?

Chin up Daneski.

Not sure I held a grudge, but I was curious as to why he stuck to his story in spite of clear evidence that it was a pack of lies. Both he and I knew what happened (we were both there, after all), but he had convinced himself into fully believing his new "reality". One is tempted to hijack and discuss how this relates to religions, but I suspect you wouldn't really want to entertain this line of enquiry on here. ;)

Was it a grudge bringing it up after a year in his final week of school? I don't think so, but maybe it was and I, like him, have changed my reality too.

So, in the context of this thread it is entirely possible that someone is convinced of their innocence (or even guilt) even though the opposite is the reality of the situation.

Obviously, someone barging into your classroom, they have various issues, that need addressing? So someone with that mindset, could harbour a deepseated hatred towards you, but you admit that you were not the focus of the initial aggression? I'm still getting 2+2=5, as there is something amiss, but obviously, hearing the story from one side, that is always going to happen.

There seems to be a deeper seated issue here, as to why he stormed into the lesson, then blamed you, but the issue is resolved in your mind I hope, and further incidences would not occur. But strangely, I still see outstanding issues.

Obviously, someone barging into your classroom, they have various issues, that need addressing? So someone with that mindset, could harbour a deepseated hatred towards you, but you admit that you were not the focus of the initial aggression? I'm still getting 2+2=5, as there is something amiss, but obviously, hearing the story from one side, that is always going to happen.

There seems to be a deeper seated issue here, as to why he stormed into the lesson, then blamed you, but the issue is resolved in your mind I hope, and further incidences would not occur. But strangely, I still see outstanding issues.
Are you sure it wasn't you? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Back