I'm guessing this valve need's to be replaced .

If you put the manual lever in the open position and latch it, removing and replacing the head is much easier.

Sponsored Links
So the valve is moving freely- good news. If you can't see anything obvious wrong with the motor, lever, spring etc. then refit it (make sure you get the valve post lined up properly with the hole) and try it- it might work. If it doesn't you need new motor/gearbox, much cheaper and easier than replacing the entire valve even buying a legit replacement (avoid cheap Chinese nylon jobs)

Sorry guys but I've been a bit dim , the noise in my original video is from the relays in the wiring centre which is just above the valve ,
I also seem to still have an issue with the room stat that I thought I had solved at the beginning of the year (with this forums help) , The stat is cutting in and out too often sometimes up to 2 times a minute .
I am trying to catch it when the relay is in the clicking state to check the voltage on the switch wire from that stat , would you agree its looking like that room stat is faulty. ?

Photo 01-10-2020, 10 32 04 am.jpg

A standard room thermostat shouldn't be switching that rapidly.

Possibilities are;

A poor connection at the thermostat (which is arcing or otherwise generating heat & causing detected temperature to go up and down very quickly).

A poor connection somewhere else causing too much volt drop at the relay when the coil is energised (so it cycles as described)

A broken thermostat (internal switch fail)

Standard stat is easy to verify- isolate power, remove stat, replace with a standard 2 way light switch (common to common, call for heat to L1, satisfied to L2, neutral if there made safe in terminal block.

Sponsored Links
I have swapped the room stats over and checked all wire screws are tight , still same issue ..

I sent the video to continental ufh and they said i need a new wiring centre , blaming a power cut , not too sure how the faulty wiring centre would cause the room stats to cut in and out too quickly though.
I will change it ..

Last update on this for anyone who may arrive at this thread in the future , i fitted the 2 new room stats (see above post) and no more relay clicking and heating is cutting in and out as expected.
Thanks all who posted for the advice and help ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back