Immigration Crisis

No need for the SAS, I would set up a fleet of private rescue boats to assist them with their return while still in French waters. I'd give the government change for £60M also. I reckon there is some ground for a private company to leverage article 73 of the Code de procédure pénale.
Is sailing in a dinghy off the coast of France punishable by imprisonment? :rolleyes:

The code to which you refer (in English obviously)
In the case of a flagrant crime or a flagrant offense punishable by imprisonment, any person has the authority to apprehend the perpetrator and bring him before the nearest judicial police officer.

Not to mention the possible tragic circumstances of people abandoning ship to avoid such apprehension, and the international furore that would cause. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
.. The migrants coming over the channel should be treated as invaders and fought off. ...
Andy11 promoting violent refusal to allow legitimate asylum seekers' applications again.
And yet again, no doubt his promotion of violent extremism will be allowed to remain and my comment, criticising such extremism, will probably be deleted.

Much as the home office try to pretend to be idiots there are some smart people there. If it were easy and legal they'd have done it by now. Pretending there's a simple, easy fix is kidding yourself.

Ten million people living in England and Wales today were born overseas, that's 1 in 6 of us. It was officially acknowledged this week:

I won't dig up the old posts and embarrass those of you who told me this was not true.
Oh go, dig up these old posts denying this information. You know you want to. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1 in 6 is about 16%, (14% in 2018), in France the same statistic is about 14% (in 2018), in Germany it's about 16% (in 2019). Luxembourg is about 47%. Australia is about 30%.
What is your point?

1668591998672.png

Sponsored Links
Increase immigration by how much? There are already around 1000 coming every day, and we now have 10 million of the population who were not born here. With that 10 million figure in mind why are there still unfilled jobs if migrants are the answer to unfilled jobs?

I'd be happy for the economy not to grow faster and us not be overrun.
Why are asylum seekers not allowed to work? It's illogical and irrational.

Discussing migration to the UK on the news the other day highlighted the steep rise since the UK actually left the EU in January 2020, demonstrating a failure of both the French and British government to come to an agreement on cross-channel co-operation regarding migrant crossings. All the UK had to do was pay a bit more for enough personnel to do the damn job. Penny pinching has brought about this problem for the Tory govt. and French persistence in telling the UK to get its own house in order after leaving the EU.

Discussing migration to the UK on the news the other day highlighted the steep rise since the UK actually left the EU in January 2020, demonstrating a failure of both the French and British government to come to an agreement on cross-channel co-operation regarding migrant crossings. All the UK had to do was pay a bit more for enough personnel to do the damn job. Penny pinching has brought about this problem for the Tory govt. and French persistence in telling the UK to get its own house in order after leaving the EU.
The loss of intra-EU migrant returns agreements also exacerbated the problem.

Much as the home office try to pretend to be idiots there are some smart people there. If it were easy and legal they'd have done it by now. Pretending there's a simple, easy fix is kidding yourself.
There are proven techniques which are operating in other countries which we have not tried.
Is sailing in a dinghy off the coast of France punishable by imprisonment? :rolleyes:
This is not the alleged offence. The alleged offences all carry a prison sentence

The loss of intra-EU migrant returns agreements also exacerbated the problem.
How many went back under the Dublin agreement? Its well published.

It remains to be seen if this was a budget issue or a lack of will. I've not read anything to suggest the French authorities have agreed to intercept these illegals in French waters, which would immediately kill the illegal trafficking business. euro70M buys a lot of rescue and patrol. A lot more than we are getting as part of the French deal.

The RNLI run its entire service for a little over double that.

There are proven techniques which are operating in other countries which we have not tried.

This is not the alleged offence. The alleged offences all carry a prison sentence

How many went back under the Dublin agreement? Its well published.
You've probably listed them but I've missed that post.

Last edited:
It remains to be seen if this was a budget issue or a lack of will. I've not read anything to suggest the French authorities have agreed to intercept these illegals in French waters, which would immediately kill the illegal trafficking business. euro70M buys a lot of rescue and patrol. A lot more than we are getting as part of the French deal.

The RNLI run its entire service for a little over double that.
Brexit.

Here are a few:
Wasn't the OSB thing part of the process that was costing a million pounds per person? It also won't work for the UK as the channel isn't that wide. Also we've tried something like that with Rwanda, at huge expense.

The pushbacks are illegal and are mush less safe in the channel. Plus the border force don't want to do them.

The Italian thing is going to get blocked in court as it is clearly illegal.

Tories are taking their supporters for mugs. For 12 long years, since Terry May was Home Sec, Tories have been promising to reduce immigration. Instead it's increased. A lot. Regular headline grabbing initiatives like sending the sponging parasites floating this way to Rwanda are just headline grabbing initiatives. Wake up - like the economic migrants on the rubber dinghies, you're being taken for a ride.

I reckon there is some ground for a private company to leverage article 73 of the Code de procédure pénale.

So what are these alleged offences that would be considered flagrant offences punishable by imprisonment, if the 'alleged criminals' could be detected, apprehended, and prosecuted?

Sponsored Links
Back