Immigration poll.

Is immigration a good idea?

• Yes. It's been a great success.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. It's been a complete disaster.

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • 60s immigration was a success but not the Euro stuff.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Euro immigration is a success but not the 60s stuff.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither good nor bad, just OK.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think we've ever had a poll on immigration yet, so let's give it a whirl.
Basically it is a poll on whether or not immigration is a popular idea amongst the general electorate..

We had mass immigration in the 60s and recent immigration from Europe, so I'll split them up.

So have a think and then vote.

Sponsored Links
the trouble with this thread is the that people lump all the legal migrant workers who are not immigrating with genuine immigrants' people applying for assylum correctly or not

people also forget about the australians americans canadians germans ect who fall within this catagory

It's not a scientific study but I've tried to make it as fair as I can without it getting too complicated. It's just about how people feel generally about the two immigration waves we've had in our times.

the trouble with this thread is the that people lump all the legal migrant workers who are not immigrating with genuine immigrants' people applying for assylum correctly or not
By that you mean OTHER people, not your self, of course.
people also forget about the australians americans canadians germans ect who fall within this catagory
The implication being, you believe OTHER people oppose immigration on racist grounds.

I think you will find, the majority of the population always believed unfettered immigration would be a long term disaster, whether white/black or purple with green stripes.
Immigration on the scale we are experiencing, is a form of social engineering.

Sponsored Links

I'd rather call it a form of social untidiness. The mess that some of our cities are now in as a consequence of immigration bears little resemblance to "engineering" in its traditional sense.

I'd rather call it a form of social untidiness. The mess that some of our cities are now in as a consequence of immigration bears little resemblance to "engineering" in its traditional sense.

I agree entirely, but the government we have, know that the majority of immigrants will vote for them, rather than one which will regulate/repatriate.

hear is a new game its called asylum ,win a council house, all you need to know is the word asylum. say it many times and your a winner, you cannot enter this game if you hold a valid british passport. to enter get on the back of a lorry you may stay at the hilton hotel while we refurbish yor new home ;)

i can only see three scenarios that would lead to a change in immigration policy:

a) total collapse of the economy that would lead the old british working class man to the streets fighting the government / race rioting.

b) an overhaul of the legal system as we know it, ie nationalisation of the legal system with no profit making solicitors firms making millions out of immigration cases / appeals.

c) a terrorist attack on the scale of 9/11, new labour would have to do something then if the culprits were foreign terrorists. After 9/11 the american administration drastically changed its policy on immigration.
Public opinion on immigration would shift in this country, even the usual apathy of the average briton would cease to affect our society in light of such an event.

Sponsored Links
Back