Improving sh1t grammar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any suggestions on how I can bring my grammar up to speed in a way that's engaging and enjoyable? I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with my wirting ability (or lack of); it's just a jumbled mess. I feel like I need to go back and start again from square one, any ideas how I can move this sh1t along ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Breitbart, Daily Mail, Sun.
In spite of their bias, all journalists tend to compile well worded and well arranged sentences. Whilst reading links on this very forum, I am equally impressed with the wording from both those for or against Brexit, even if I disagree with some.

Last edited:
Any suggestions on how I can bring my grammar up to speed in a way that's engaging and enjoyable? I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with my wirting ability (or lack of); it's just a jumbled mess. I feel like I need to go back and start again from square one, any ideas how I can move this sh1t along ?
I don't think your writing skills or grammar have ever stood out to be especially bad, at least to me. I have to say though that I am no expert!

There isnt really an easy way. Posting on forums, texts and emails are all informal writing methods that no doubt is reducing our writing skills.

I used to really struggle with writing, but 4 years doing a degree with constant assigment writing meant loads of practice.

Reports, esssys etc have a set structure and all writing follows a structure. Its easiest really to learn a basic structure and apply it as a formula for every occasion. For example: introduction, discussion, conclusion.

A good structure will help with logical, clear writing with good grammar.

To avoid getting tied up in complicated run on sentences, keep everything simple.

As Noseall says, read a lot......think broadsheet not tabloid. Sun is known to have a very low reading age.

Any suggestions on how I can bring my grammar up to speed in a way that's engaging and enjoyable?

Join an adult education class. Sign up to the 'naked English grammar lessons for underwear models'

.......you might find it engaging

I found vocabulary and grammar improved a lot when I studied at University. You spend a lot of time reading articles and are forever having to look stuff up.

Find a subject you are interested in and study it.

Stay on DIYNOT, everyone will correct your grammar, so keep posting.

This is very accurate. I went to the trouble of doing a literature GCSE and an English A-level some years ago but I'm afraid, many on here know better. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back