In-identified grid switch plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been asked to change the grid switch to a chrome effect one as you can see iits white. but who makes it a bit first step in finding out how I can replace it otherwise I will have to replace the whole thing this one as my selections on for the cooker hood dishwasher and the fridge freezer in the hob
Do you recognise this make?
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is the name not moulded into either the back of the modules or the front plate?

Surely if you're replacing it for chrome you've gotta replace the whole thing anyway? You can't have chrome bits and white bits mixed in, it'll look awful

Surely if you're replacing it for chrome you've gotta replace the whole thing anyway? You can't have chrome bits and white bits mixed in, it'll look awful
Indeed - but maybe it's the back box he is hoping not to have to replace, given the unusual (by today's standards) arrangement of fixing screws?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Looks like it could just be two twins to me, but you're right, the spacing will probably be wrong.

They're odd looking grid switches, they almost like like they're euro mod size.

It has a very Denmans Designa look about it. I fitted some of their grid switches recently, absolutely horrible. There aren't many mains grid ranges where the module fits into a letterbox like yours. The grid box could be a standard 6/8 module box, but without measuring it's just a guess.

I can see why you want to change them, the design doesn't look smart at all! I would replace it with either MK or Crabtree, or perhaps Hamilton. I wouldn't even bother looking to find the matching decorative version from the manufacturer of your current one.

It does indeed look like Denmams Designa Curve range.

Apparently a yoke is not required, so a metal plate should easy to change without too much disconnecting.

As said, it looks crap, but I imagine you just want to change the faceplate and get the hell out of there.

Maybe a useful idea, which could result in a considerable simplification, is to discuss with your client why he actually wants isolation switches for a hob, hood, dishwasher and fridge freezer, and why he wants them all on one grid plate.

A kitchen is a place of work. The grid switch makes things more functional. To remove it would make no sense at all.

I've had appliances go faulty at my house and having a handy accessible isolator has been massively helpful.

Surely handy isolation is the best way of doing things?

And what possible point would there be in removing it altogether??

Surely handy isolation is the best way of doing things?

A grid switch is a lot more clutterless and space saving than several switched fused spurs (or similar) peppered all over the place.

And what possible point would there be in removing it altogether??

I didn't say that.

IMO it was as equally pointless installing it as would be removing it.

It's handy, yes but there are almost limitless handy things we could install.

A doorbell in the shower springs to mind for some reason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back