In memoriam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This topic is intended to commemorate "notb665".

Please spare a few moments of quiet contemplation to consider the people who were close to notb665, and who are now without him.

View media item 6987

Sponsored Links
still missed. reading the update on what happened moved me to tears. keep looking down over them notb

Strange. I was thinking about Alastair this morning.

My thoughts are still with Joanne, the kids and the rest of the family.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reminder Softus.

At this time of year we get so wrapped up in our own families we sometimes forget about those no longer here.

Well done.

is this the chap who sadly lost his life cutting down a tree???

agree it is sad with such a young family.

Thanks for the reminder Softus.

At this time of year we get so wrapped up in our own families we sometimes forget about those no longer here.

Well done.
You're right conny. For those of us that have lost loved ones, this time of year just makes it all that little bit harder to deal with but you have to deal with it for the children.

Strangely enough my young son was in tears tonight at bedtime talking about death and how he didn't want any of us to die and that he would say a prayer and ask (the person who died in our family), to come back! It's heart breaking enough but when very young children feel it it breaks you up. I don't really want to go into any detail in an open forum but the lad who died recently in my family was in his 40's and left a wife and young son!

I didn't know this lad that Softus is posting about but from the picture he looks so full of life and happy. God I truly hope his partner and children are OK.

If you're looking down notb665, you keep looking after your family son. God this can be such a difficult time. I better stop now.

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

I never knew him.

this can be saddest time of the year.

lost my wife dec1st 2001 :cry:

It was such a sad story at the time, and really affected me in a way I didn't think could happen with someone I only knew as an online persona. My thoughts and prayers will always be with him and his family.

Softus, Please could you Email me. Ta.

I never knew him.

Good God! It just shows, we all have a story to tell. Really very sorry to hear that WD. They say time heals but it doesn't it's just less immediate.

I think my New Years resolution should be to try and be nicer to you guys. You just never know what people are going/have gone through.

Once again lads (and any lasses), all the very best to you and yours from me and mine.

You just never know what people are going/have gone through

So true Blas, being blokes, (mainly), we tend to keep that side of things to ourselves.

WDIK, sorry to hear of your loss and can't imagine what you must feel at this time each year.

Take care.

Oh dont worry undully.
eight years, allows some healing.
nobody to blame no retribution.

My best regards to NOT 66 's family at this time of year.

Regards to WDIK and Softus too.

I never knew him.

Indeed! I too was not a member of DiyNOT when notb665 was posting but have heard brief mention of his sad passing. My thoughts are with his family, particularly his children.

Four years ago on my way to work on Dec 23rd i was one of the first on the scene of a man who's car had hit a tree, side on, at high speed. He can't have survived the impact for more than a few moments. I didn't know the man at all so it doesn't affect me directly but I still pass the tree every day on my way to work and every year at this time of year i spare a thought for the family and friends he left behind, just a few days before Christmas.

Sponsored Links
Back