In the market for new 1/4 inch router

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a question for the fellow proffessionals on this site. I am looking for a new 1/4 inch router, I currently have a 1/2 inch Makita router which is fantastic for big stuff such as worktops but not so great for chopping out door hinges face plates etc which is primarily what I will be using the new one for, albeit I will be using it for a bit of "carving/engraving etc".

I have looked at the Bosch Palm Router but I dont think it fits the bill properly "I like two hands on my tool's'. Have also looked at a makita 1/4 inch and it seems quite compact. I am basically looking for a small and leightweight router and the top end of my budget is about £140.

Can anyone assist, thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
with a palm router you don't need 2 hands unless you have exceptionally small hands :D
i have the dewalt twin base and i love it easy to use simple to adjust easy peasy

remember small routers have much less mass so your not fighting with a beast but dancing with an angel

i also have 2 ryobi p600 [imports] brilliant little 18v ideal for jigs but hard to get now :cry:

untill you have handled a pam router please dont rule them out

you can get a dual base from draper for around £150 although they are both 2 handed bases rather than one handed and 2 handed off the dewalt
i paid around £240 for the dewalt

Cheers big all, I was looking at the Trend T4EK last night and this seems like quite a versatile little router do you have any have a experience of this type. I will have a look at the Dewalt dual base, cheers. :D

The t4ek I think was a bosch die grinder come router in another life, I tried one once and was very impressed with how smooth it ran only 850 watts so its not going to do any big work but I think it would be great for light stuff D&M tools do it for £79.95

Sponsored Links
excellent we will have to meet up and do a dewalt- bosch comparison :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back