Indesit CA55NF No Frost Fridge Freezer had a big build up of mould and water pooling underneath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Indesit CA55NF Fridge Freezer bought 2012 has been in the same place ever since, apart from moving to decorate/replace flooring which last got moved probably 4 years ago.

Today I noticed a small bit of water around the front leg when I opened the freezer door. I then looked underneath and could see black mould amongst the fluff and dust.
Pulled it out and saw all the mould and moisture dripping underneath the bottom.
All drain tubes were clear, rear reservoir didn't have anything in apart from a couple of drips of water. No pipes or connections on the back seem to be damaged or leaking.

Nothing on top was overlapping the back edge and the unit wasn't pushed all the way back to wall - has spacers fitted correctly.
Obviously, there were a lot of cobwebs, fluff and dust. Could have been overheating/restricted air flow due to the fluff and cobwebs, although nothing was really blocked up?! The fridge + freezer settings have never been changed from setting 2 and isn't on the fast freeze setting. And neither the fridge or freezer are overly full, they don't have a large build-up of moisture or frost inside. The door seals also seem good and are creating a good seal when closed.
The kitchen isn't especially hot or cold, I haven't had to but the boiler heating on this latter part of the year as yet.

Cleaned it all up and left a gap on both the right and left (previously only had a big gap on the left), and will be checking over the next days to see if it occurs again.
On the bottom-underside middle area is a round protrusion that nearly touches the floor when in place, but the rest of the bottom has quite a good gap.

Any advice or things to check are welcome please, thanks.

IMG_3108.jpgIMG_3109.jpgIMG_3106.jpgIMG_3107.jpgIMG_3113.jpgIMG_3115.jpgIMG_3119.jpgIMG_3110.jpgIMG_3112.jpgIMG_3120.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Probably just condensation that has built up over the years of it being static with no air circulating underneath. As you say, you need to recheck in a few days or weeks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back