Information on Solar Panel Loans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any information about the new loans for solar panels announced by the government this week:

http://www.heatmyhome.co.uk/solar-panels/?p=1186

I'm about to have an unvented cylinder and system boiler installed and I'm thinking I should pay an extra £150 to get a solar cylinder instead with a view to hooking up some solar panels at a later date. If I decide to do this and the new scheme turns out to be as useless as all their other schemes then it will just be a waste of money.

I had already discounted the use of solar panels based on their cost, but this new initiative sounds interesting, it's just unfortunate the government didn't provide more information along with their announcement.

A number of questions spring to mind:

1. How will the cost of installation be related to the amount paid back? If I have 6 panels installed instead of 4 panels, how does this affect the repayments?
2. When will the scheme start?
3. Who will provide and administer the loans?
4. Is the loan repayment tied to the energy bill or is it a separate payment (just like a normal loan)?
5. How does the loan affecting switching energy suppliers?

Any pointers to information would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is it true that we can take loans on solar panel? My uncle also wants to install it on their home roof and he was wondering for solar panel loans.

1. Let me start by trying to explain something which you obviously have no understanding of.

We live on the surface of a planet which we generally call the Earth (or an equivalent word in another "language" (qv)).

On this planet there are many, many "countries", not just one.

For the purposes of this explanation, a country can be regarded as a part of the surface area of the earth which is administratively separate from other countries. Different countries can have different money, different laws, and different languages, i.e. their words for things are different to the words in other countries.

You live in one called the USA, I live in one called the UK.

You and I have different money, a similar language, and different legal systems, i.e. we are not bound by the same actual laws as each other, although there is much similarity in the sorts of laws we both have and the way in which our two legal systems work.

I realise that for many Americans this whole concept is very hard to grasp, but whether you understand it or not is irrelevant - the reality is that the USA does not encompass the whole world, it is only one of many countries.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=geography+101

There is no point you asking on a UK website about loans for solar panels which might be available in the USA.

2. Please stop replying to threads which are years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back