Inspection Chamber in proposed extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am currently planning an extension and this would be over an existing garage that has an inspection chamber.

I have done a rough drawing of the current setup - I know there are build over agreements but I wouldn’t want an inspection chamber inside so are the any options of moving it out into the garden?

The neighbours out house only flows into the same run so I think that’s why the inspection chamber is there as it’s a junction?

E7719092-A3C0-460F-82B3-E4A0F4CAC56D.jpeg

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
You wont be permitted to have a chamber inside whether you would want it or not

If you can access the pipes and there is enough fall to the new location, the chamber can be moved.

Ok thanks

If you see the image - I can move backwards as that is my garden but cannot move the chamber to the left.

Would moving it backwards be an option - not sure if the inspection chamber HAS to be where the junction is?

Thanks
Mike

All sections of a drainage system need to be accessible for maintenance and cleaning as required, chambers are usually required at every change in direction and/or depth of the sewer. If the sewer is taking effluent from a neighbour then it becomes the Water Company's asset from the point where it enters your property/becomes shared and you'll need their say so to make any alterations.

They may ask the incoming pipe is rerouted to connect in a new chamber outside the footprint of the proposed extension.

Sponsored Links
The chamber can be moved back into the garden as long as you have the falls to connect everything there. It may need two extra chambers for the two diverted pipes. There might be options to connect things without additional chambers, as long asd there are provisions for rodding from somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back