can i install both hob and oven on existing 30amp
double oven rating 5773 both
hob rating 7070
using a cooker control box then spurring off for the oven
many thanks
Ray

Sponsored Links
but what about diversity? :LOL:

23A with diversity... :rolleyes: ( using 240V for calculations and assuming no socket on the control switch )

but what about diversity? :LOL:

23A with diversity... :rolleyes: ( using 240V for calculations and assuming no socket on the control switch )
Go on then smart arse, what about the oven? diversify that and add it on. Then see if its suitable for a 30A circuit :p :p :p :LOL:

Sponsored Links
sorry Steve but as coljack says diversity for a domestic cooker is 10A plus 30% of remainder (plus 5A if socket fitted).
so,5773+7070=12843/230=55.8A,
regs allow first 10A plus 30% of remaining 45.8 (13.74A) =23.74 + 5A if socket on plate= 28.74A so no problem on 32A supply. see OSG for confirmation.
by your reckoning cooker would need 16mm2 cable!

sorry Steve but as coljack says diversity for a domestic cooker is 10A plus 30% of remainder (plus 5A if socket fitted).
What about for a seperate oven and hob? How does one define a domestic cooker nowadays? Where does it stop? The kitchen shops try to sell these coffee machines and microwaves that sit over or next to an oven - do we include these as well? I'd always run a seperate circuit for anything over 3kw - oven and hob, and any fixed high power jobbies such as microwaves. One forum regular has just fitted a full size consumer unit just for a domestic kitchen.

Also, your calculations are correct, but try diversifying them seperately. I get 30.75amps excluding the socket. Now theres another question. ;)

At least I wont be eating cold turkey ON Christmas day ;)

You can quote diversity all you like, but common sense says that that these two appliances on a 30A circuit is not a good idea. OP, install two dedicated radial circuits, one for the hob and the other for the oven.

You can quote diversity all you like, but common sense says that that these two appliances on a 30A circuit is not a good idea. OP, install two dedicated radial circuits, one for the hob and the other for the oven.

Indeed, diversity will be a nice comfort when you cant make a christmas dinner using all your facilities, im sure.

seperate radial required for each imo.

ok since none of the old guard has chimed in and pointed it out, I was being sarcastic..
I am a big opponent of diversity for a single circuit..
I would install seperate circuits for the 2 items and suitably sized cables to take the full load..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back