Installing a Smart 2-Way 2-Gang Switch

I was reading the Lightwave instructions, and it says So if there is no wired connection, why work it matter where the switch gets power from?.

The Live still needs to be on the same circuit as the Switches outputs though.

Indeed you can likely reconfigure connections for it to work on TWO circuits, simply by feeding the UPSTAIRS switch from the UPSTAIRS circuit and the DOWNSTAIRS switch from the DOWNSTAIRS circuit.
Indeed Flameport explained this but i feel its out of the OPs grasp.

But if I read correct this switch appears to be on 3 circuits somehow

Sponsored Links
But if I read correct this switch appears to be on 3 circuits somehow

No, that was the downstairs switch.

Right now, my upstairs and downstairs passage switches are on 2 circuits (2 different breakers).

My 3-gang and 1-gang are configured so that the 2 way switch within the 3-gang has no wires in it. I was instructed to remove the grey and black wires and leave them terminated in blocks.

So I suspect that it's going to be a similar type of setup for this 2-way switch within the passage.

JH

Type your postcode into this website and it will give you a list of local registered electricians.
You must stop what you are doing, and employ one to put back your wiring in to a safe state. What you have done is extremely dangerous. It’s what causes electrical fires.

https://www.competentperson.co.uk/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back