Installing Lightwave Smart Switch

Sponsored Links
All the passage ones and spare room are on one circuit and the living room (with the 3-gang) are on another circuit.

JH

Do you mean the three existing dimmers are on the same circuit or not ?

(I am not a spark so quick q: Yes, they could be on different circuits and the OP needs to check, but wouldn't that be an existing compliance issue? I thought having multiple circuits in the same accessory was a regs no no? Hence no borrowed neutrals etc?)

I dont recall anything forbidding it, though its more common in mutigang switchbanks and often in commercial, 2 or 3 phase 400v can be found.
I quess the onus is on the person removing the switch knowing what to expect and testing.

Borrowed Neutrals should not occur, as the relevant Neutral should, in the OPS case still be on the same relevant circuit.
Though, in the OPs case if he did feed the Lightwave using just one of the circuits and capping off the second circuit, he would indeed then cause a Borrowed Neutral which is forbidden.

In the OPS case, if theres no other way to get round it, he could maybe alter the backboxes to fit a Two gang lightwave and a 1 gang lightwave.

Sponsored Links
1 gang switch :
Disconnect the 3 core (brown/black/grey) completely.
Brown and blue from the separate cable connect to the switch L and ~

3 gang living room switch:
Disconnect the 3 core (brown/black/grey) completely.
The two separate browns connect to L, the blues connect to the right ~ and centre ~ terminal. Nothing connects to the ~ terminal on the left.

The 1 gang switch controls the light, the left gang on the 3 gang switch will need to be programmed to also operate the 1 gang via the app.

Does that not Link the "Spare room and the "Living room" together, that are 2 seperate circuits, I read it that the 2Way Passage was on one circuit with the spare room

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back