installing an electric cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an electric outlet for a cooker in my kitchen but she who must be obeyed now want an intregal oven on a different wall. Is it possible to extend the cable that comes out of the intregal oven or even replace it with a new cable and still use the existing cooker outlet ( the cable would be behind units).
any useful advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What's the rating of the oven?

Usually/often they are <13A, and don't connect to cooker outlets.

Better that than be connected to a ring final, if it's 2kW or over.

Sponsored Links
thanks far the interest. I have no idea what the rating of the oven is because i haven't bought it yet. In fact i don't want to buy it if i can't connect it to an electrical source.

A double electric oven would be in a unit on the side of the kitchen, the current single electric oven is in a unit in a unit under the worktop in the middle of the kitchen.

How long can the cable be connecting to the cooker outlet?

A double oven will be more than 13A and therefore require it's own circuit. It won't be supplied with any cable.

If the existing outlet is somewhere else, it will need to be moved to where the new oven will be fitted.
It is likely the switch will need to be moved as well.

The switch is fine where it is.

If the oven is not supplied with any cable how long a cable can be placed on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back