installing boilers

gk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have been told that to fit a boiler i have to have an electrical qualifacation from the 1 jan 2005 is this true

Sponsored Links
if its a gas boiler then no
to fit a gas boiler you have to be corgi

but in either case to wire it you have to have passed part p or notify building control. look for part p

Sponsored Links
its not b***** its breezer. same difference i suppose :D

We've been told it's OK to wire it in to an existing fused spur, but it's a no no to fit a fused spur for the boiler. If that's the case we put it on a plug & leave it for the sparks to sort out.

breezer said:
if its a gas boiler then no
to fit a gas boiler you have to be corgi

but in either case to wire it you have to have passed part p or notify building control. look for part p
where can i find this part p please...
so say i got sub contract work with a heating firm
and they wanted me to install combi,s and pipework
how would i test the boiler if i dont have part p
p.s i will be qualified in about 6 month trying to find out how to go about things if i go into instalations
do some installers fit without this part p

search the forum for part p

to not comply with part p is "not allowed"

keego said:
We've been told it's OK to wire it in to an existing fused spur, but it's a no no to fit a fused spur for the boiler. If that's the case we put it on a plug & leave it for the sparks to sort out.
how would you check the burner pressure when you commision the boiler if you leave it for the sparks

gk said:
keego said:
how would you check the burner pressure when you commision the boiler if you leave it for the sparks

we put a plug on it & plug it into a socket, electrickery travels along the wire to the boiler & the boiler lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back