Insulation - foil faced or not?

Pilsbury,
thinking out of the box, I was wondering if 130mm might be cheaper if 120mm is normal spec.
It wasn't, but I did find this guy in Altrincham selling 130mm for what I calculate to be £28.80 a sheet, no VAT, Plus shipping:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130MM-Ins...486012?hash=item1c91b29c3c:g:1jgAAOSwQTNZuRCv
SFK
You are indeed right.... a cracking bargain.... if I buy 300sqm for £3k! Known as bulk buying. If I ask for 12 sheets, I think I know his response!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Pilsbury,
soz about that - for some reason I thought/assumed you were looking for a v large quantity.
SFK

Last edited:
Thank you all for the great responses. I ended up getting 40msq of 120mm non foil Board for £350 delivered. They are “seconds” but I’m assured they are in good order...... I’ll let you know when they get here..... if they get here

Sponsored Links
Want to buy some cheap foil? Slight seconds:

IMG_3149.PNG

No thank you..... would stop my wifi signal..... seems as though I have a benefit for buying cheap non foil boards!

Would anyone use 100mm non foil between the rafters in a loft conversion?
Yes just take it into account in your u value, the foil is only useful as a handy vcl if you tape it, also if it's facing into a void you'll get a small improvement in u value

I didn't get the non foil stuff, it was 'unproven' if you know what I mean. Didn't have any specs for it.

I just bought my first 3 sheets of 100mm foiled Celotex for £90 :)

I didn't get the non foil stuff, it was 'unproven' if you know what I mean. Didn't have any specs for it.

I just bought my first 3 sheets of 100mm foiled Celotex for £90 :)
Cracking deal, eBay seconds?

Wtf is that? Looks like the old sofa someone dumped in the river 3 years ago!:eek:i think they'll struggle to sell, what's the asking price?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back