Investment

Oh - and -....
The clouds are darkening on the AI maybbebbubble.
Don't buy in right now.
Wait till the bugger crashes - YAY!

Unless you want to go short?
No, I didn't think so.
 
Oh - and -....
The clouds are darkening on the AI maybbebbubble.
Don't buy in right now.
Wait till the bugger crashes - YAY!

Unless you want to go short?
No, I didn't think so.
That’s a bit advanced for me. I’ll hang on to AMD though
 
That’s a bit advanced for me. I’ll hang on to AMD though
Nvidia, AMD, Micron, Sandisk, Samsung, SKHynix, Dell, Cisco etc etc etc have bonkers profits so probably won't go bust.
AMD price /Earnings ratio 154 though. NVDA's P/E is a mere 28.
It would still be high as hell at half that, which has to be long-term worrying. I'd be ready for it to drop up to 22% this week. Looking to day trade it short. Hope I'm wrong! Sniffing on EGAS, VLO, PSX, AMT., Gold & silver.


Amodei, Altman, Hasabis, Musk, Nadella (Microsoft, yesterday) are all suggesting an AI slowdown. Hope you have your stops in place. I'd be twitchy and suggest a check of asian responses and US premarket positions late tonight when the premarket opens. I don't have any AMD, but an alert at 504.
 
Last edited:
Ltd is new to me.
It was new to me when I first went Ltd. Long story short - sort of! I ran the training arm of a bigger company. The company I was working for 'suspended' me for dissent - basically constantly arguing with the general manager when he wanted to change my contract, refusing to discuss it as he wanted to put restrictions on my annual leave. I’d been there 15 years. It had contracts with the local authority education department as well as being a working garage/mot station. He was a **** and I told him so on numerous occasions. After a week of suspension, and after talking with Mrs Mottie, I decided I’d had enough working for them so I jacked the job in. I planned to go back to a workshop that we owned and had been renting out, and to continue working as a mechanic. Within a week the training company I previously worked for had the premises repossessed by the landlord as the joint tenant on the premises hadn’t been paying their part of the rent and my lot, being jointly liable, refused to pay their backdated rent. This had been going on for some time, unknown to me but known by my employer. Looking back, I fell into their trap by chucking the job in as they would have had to pay me a fair whack in redundancy. I had always got on well with the lady who ran the Borough education department and they were always pleased with the results I got for their students. Out of the blue, she phoned me up, asked me if I would like to to carry on the good work and if so, they would find me premises to work from and give me all the contracts my old firm had. I had to form a company though as the Borough couldn’t give contracts to individuals. They found me a school that had disused motor vehicle workshops and fitted it out for me. All my workmates at the old place came with me and became my employees. Now comes the ltd company bit. The Borough arranged for a local business manager to help me set up a Ltd company etc which he did, I took his advice and he set the company up there and then as well as registering the company for vat. Fast forward about 18 months when I engaged an accountant. First thing he said was "who the f*** set this company up"? When I told him, said the tosser had done it all wrong and had set me up as a company limited by guarantee, and not by limited by shares and I was chucking thousands away in tax and NI by not being able to take dividends. Furthermore, as an educational business, it was exempt from vat. I couldn’t charge it (which in knew and hadn’t been doing) but crucially, I couldn’t reclaim it which I had been doing for months on tools, equipment, supplies, consumables, phone bills etc etc and I had reclaimed thousands. He advised me to wind it up and keep my fingers crossed which I did and was never asked to repay the vat. He finalised my figures to show equipment to be under the amount that HMRC do not ask for vat reclaiming. He formed another Ltd company for me, this time ltd by shares.

* A little sweetner for me was when I read online that my old company had settled with the landlord by paying £50k to prevent going to court. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Point of my (short :rolleyes:) story being, just make sure you have formed the correct ltd company!
 
I appreciate the advice chaps.

The Ltd is new and the money can all be reinvested for my late 50’s/early 60’s

One question, if I pay myself 10k for my pension, that’s off the bottom line and I save on corporation tax ?

@motorbiking I took your advise with a Sipp. Wish I’d have known sooner. I know how to make money, I’ve just been lazy with it.
The company (yours) pays into your pension as a benefit to you and a cost to it. But it is not a simple as others have answered (giving them the benefit of the doubt about brevity as we are all playing nicely for a change). The amount the company can pay is subject to a "wholly and exclusively" test, https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/business-income-manual/bim37000 which asks whether the amount is reasonable for the work you do.

For a ltd company director earning say 100-130k. HMRC will probably allow your tax free allowance as salary, a decent amount going into pension (say 50k which is an expense) and the rest as corporation/dividend tax .

I would pump the actual profits into Claude.ai tell it you want 60k going into your pension and only your personal allowance as salary and ask it to structure the most tax efficient model then get your accountant to check it. If you don't have one then it might be worth it. There is a chance to avoid about £30k in tax based on the above numbers. If your accountant has already done this, then get Claude to check its optimal.

I appreciate the advice chaps.

The Ltd is new and the money can all be reinvested for my late 50’s/early 60’s

One question, if I pay myself 10k for my pension, that’s off the bottom line and I save on corporation tax ?

@motorbiking I took your advise with a Sipp. Wish I’d have known sooner. I know how to make money, I’ve just been lazy with it.
See above there may be a better way. It must come from the company into the SIPP, not your personal bank account. Obviously, then, you don't get a double tax rebate as you didn't pay it to start with. It's also really important that the SIPP provider knows its from the company otherwise they will wrongly claim the tax back on your behalf.

If you've opened a personal SIPP and had the tax credited - I'd be tempted to set the company one up differently. - ALL this needs to be run past an accounted. Probably a new one, if he hadn't come up with this already.
 
Last edited:
It was new to me when I first went Ltd. Long story short - sort of! I ran the training arm of a bigger company. The company I was working for 'suspended' me for dissent - basically constantly arguing with the general manager when he wanted to change my contract, refusing to discuss it as he wanted to put restrictions on my annual leave. I’d been there 15 years. It had contracts with the local authority education department as well as being a working garage/mot station. He was a **** and I told him so on numerous occasions. After a week of suspension, and after talking with Mrs Mottie, I decided I’d had enough working for them so I jacked the job in. I planned to go back to a workshop that we owned and had been renting out, and to continue working as a mechanic. Within a week the training company I previously worked for had the premises repossessed by the landlord as the joint tenant on the premises hadn’t been paying their part of the rent and my lot, being jointly liable, refused to pay their backdated rent. This had been going on for some time, unknown to me but known by my employer. Looking back, I fell into their trap by chucking the job in as they would have had to pay me a fair whack in redundancy. I had always got on well with the lady who ran the Borough education department and they were always pleased with the results I got for their students. Out of the blue, she phoned me up, asked me if I would like to to carry on the good work and if so, they would find me premises to work from and give me all the contracts my old firm had. I had to form a company though as the Borough couldn’t give contracts to individuals. They found me a school that had disused motor vehicle workshops and fitted it out for me. All my workmates at the old place came with me and became my employees. Now comes the ltd company bit. The Borough arranged for a local business manager to help me set up a Ltd company etc which he did, I took his advice and he set the company up there and then as well as registering the company for vat. Fast forward about 18 months when I engaged an accountant. First thing he said was "who the f*** set this company up"? When I told him, said the tosser had done it all wrong and had set me up as a company limited by guarantee, and not by limited by shares and I was chucking thousands away in tax and NI by not being able to take dividends. Furthermore, as an educational business, it was exempt from vat. I couldn’t charge it (which in knew and hadn’t been doing) but crucially, I couldn’t reclaim it which I had been doing for months on tools, equipment, supplies, consumables, phone bills etc etc and I had reclaimed thousands. He advised me to wind it up and keep my fingers crossed which I did and was never asked to repay the vat. He finalised my figures to show equipment to be under the amount that HMRC do not ask for vat reclaiming. He formed another Ltd company for me, this time ltd by shares.

* A little sweetner for me was when I read online that my old company had settled with the landlord by paying £50k to prevent going to court. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Point of my (short :rolleyes:) story being, just make sure you have formed the correct ltd company!
Yep - you had a claim for constructive dismissal. Employer can't be forcing contract changes on you and not following the process, if you tell them to FO. If that had happened today, giving he was playing both sides of the table - you could have reported him for corruption.
 
Nvidia, AMD, Micron, Sandisk, Samsung, SKHynix, Dell, Cisco etc etc etc have bonkers profits so probably won't go bust.
AMD price /Earnings ratio 154 though
It would still be high as hell at half that, which has to be long-term worrying. I'd expect it to drop up to 22% this week. Looking to day trade it short. Hope I'm wrong! Sniffing on EGAS, VLO, PSX, AMT., Gold & silver.
NVDA's P/E is a mere 28.

Amodei, Altman, Hasabis, Musk, Nadella (Microsoft, yesterday) are all suggesting an AI slowdown. Hope you have your stops in place. I'd be twitchy and suggest a check of asian responses and US premarket positions late tonight when the premarket opens. I don't have any, but an alert at 504.
given the Putin / Trump oil deal, I would expect some uptick when the markets open.
 
Yep - you had a claim for constructive dismissal. Employer can't be forcing contract changes on you and not following the process, if you tell them to FO. If that had happened today, giving he was playing both sides of the table - you could have reported him for corruption.
It really was a case of every cloud has a silver lining…..
 
Back
Top