Is Anyone Stupid... And Disagree?

Medical research is usually peer reviewed. It's like inviting the tax inspector over everytime you do a return.
I would have mo problem having the tax inspector around when doing a tax return.
By then all cash in hand jobs would've been paid and forgotten.
Do you start to see how it works?

Sponsored Links
when I was self employed I never filled out a tax return ever

tax inspector bloke or lady always did it for me :cool:

Sponsored Links
The biggest "threat" is being told we must wear masks. That's it. In countries that are controlling the virus, they are still wearing masks. You'd get fined for not wearing a mask on public transport in France.

This is not taking away freedoms, it is not lockdown, it's just a bit of PPE to help stop old people dying years before their time.

The biggest "threat" is being told we must wear masks. That's it. In countries that are controlling the virus, they are still wearing masks. You'd get fined for not wearing a mask on public transport in France.

This is not taking away freedoms, it is not lockdown, it's just a bit of PPE to help stop old people dying years before their time.

That's it, it's no biggie for most people, just to wear a mask in shops, on public transport and similar areas. It's not even that much of an issue for the adults amongst us to have the vaccine and get on with life.

Of course everyone uses them properly:

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/questions-answers/questions-answers-prevention

"6. How do I use a face mask correctly?
Make sure that the face mask fully covers the part of the face from the bridge of the nose to the chin. The face mask should fit snugly to the face with as little as possible gaps between the face and the mask. Do not wear a mask that fits loosely on your face. Do not wear a mask that appears damaged or is not clean.

When taking the mask off, remove it from behind and avoid touching the front and the back sides. Clean your hands before wearing and after removing the face mask. Do not re-use a face mask."

In fact this goes to the heart of every “controversial” YouTuber video - they are motivated to post stuff that the algorithm picks up and maximises views. They aren’t motivated by reasoned arguments, facts, evidence, nuance.

and it’s reason there’s so much conspiracist stuff about ( I’m not saying this is but the reasoning is the same).

The more often a stupidity is repeated, the more it gets the appearance of wisdom.

That's nothing to do with it. I was commenting on posters' liking and wishing for mask wearing to be mandatory and pointing out people do not use them properly.

Those who advocate it presumably cannot pick and choose which means are needed to be effective.

one of the behavioural insights people, Susan Michie, is an actual card-carrying communist, and she is an advisor to our so-called conservative government.
She is a clinical psychologist. Do you really think she is advising the government on politics?
Your landlord must be tired of you asking his opinion on medical matters, because you obviously are unaware of the differing specialities of professionals.
Do you ask your doctor for advice on tax liabilities? :rolleyes:
Are you a jack-of-all, and master of nothing?

She is a clinical psychologist. Do you really think she is advising the government on politics?
Your landlord must be tired of you asking his opinion on medical matters, because you obviously are unaware of the differing specialities of professionals.
Do you ask your doctor for advice on tax liabilities? :rolleyes:
Are you a jack-of-all, and master of nothing?
To be fair, Andy probably does ask his Doctor, Landlord and milkman if they are now or have ever been a member of the Communist party.

That's nothing to do with it.

I disagree.

pointing out people do not use them properly

So masks are a good idea but people not using them properly is the issue?

Those who advocate it presumably cannot pick and choose

That's exactly what you are doing. Giving credence to bits of a website you want to make your point but ignoring other bits you presumably don't agree with. I had the same thing yesterday, someone saying "it must be true" because it was Public Health Scotland. When asked if they agreed what else PHS said - no answer.

Sponsored Links
Back